Suzette Castle-Mackie Psychotherapy, ADIP, PG Dip, UKCP, MBACP
07932 826 763 / 07932 826 763
I work with couples and individuals providing a comfortable space aiming to create sufficient trust to explore what is troubling you. I am creative and collaborative in my approach and so I will discuss how we might work together in order to tailor our sessions accordingly. I offer an initial 15 minute telephone consultation free of charge, where you can decide whether you would like to book an assessment appointment.
Working with couples:-
In couples work I see my role as facilitating what becomes hopefully a richer communication between you both. It is important to be really clear that I will not be taking sides, but listening without judgement to what each of you have to say about how you feel about your situation. This can then lead to an exploration of how you both might wish to move forwards, even if that feels like an impossibility right now. I work with all kinds of couples, of all sexual orientation, ethnicity, religious background and it might even mean siblings, mother / daughter for example.
My preference is to have had contact with both of you, prior to our first session together. It helps to make each party feel they are on an equal footing from the start.
Working with Individuals:-
I will work alongside you looking at your challenges, source of distress, future personal goals and relationships. Our therapeutic relationship is key in helping to unblock areas in your life that may feel stuck or painful. By gaining a deeper self-awareness, therapy can guide you to consider new ways of thinking and feeling about a situation and can be quite life-changing.
Depending on the issues you bring, I might suggest incorporating Mindfulness. Simply put, Mindfulness involves acceptance, meaning that we pay attention to our thoughts and feelings without judging them—without believing, for instance, that there's a “right” or “wrong” way to think or feel in a given moment. Sometimes I might suggest using other creative means to help you tap in to your feelings, but ultimately you choose. You may just wish to talk and that is okay too.
I work with both short and long-term clients, offering face to face, telephone and skype sessions as most appropriate to your needs.
My special areas of interest are:-
-Relationship issues including affairs, divorce, separation, parenting challenges, infertility, adoption
-Coping with illness and disability
-Panic disorder and phobias, anxiety and generalised anxiety disorder
-Improving self-esteem and assertiveness
-Bereavement and dealing with loss including by suicide
You will find details of my qualifications and training below. There are so many different types of therapy on offer that it can be very confusing pinpointing what you might need. You may find it helpful to call or email me so I can try to help answer any questions.
I am UKCP accredited. The UKCP is the quality mark for high standards in psychotherapy. They hold the national register listing those practitioner members who meet exacting standards and training requirements. You can find me on their website if you wish to do some checks before you choose who to work with. I am also a registered member of BACP. I work within their ethical frameworks and hold full professional civil liability insurance. I am a member of the Accredited Voluntary Register which has been accredited by the Professional Standards Authority. You can check to see if a therapist is registered with them by going to their website:- http://www.bacpregister.org.uk/
I am committed to continual professional development to enhance my therapeutic work.
Training, qualifications & experience
5 years of Psychotherapy & Counselling Qualifications and related training:-
- Person-Centered Couples Counselling Certificate, Counselling Works Ltd.
- Advanced Diploma Integrated Psychotherapy, Regent's University London. (ADIP)
- Post Graduate Diploma Integrated Psychotherapy, Regent's University London.(PGDIP)
- Foundation Certificate in Counselling & Psychotherapy, Regent's College.
- Tackling the psychological aspects of obesity in weight management groups, working with Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
- Psychotherapist and Counsellor for Cotswold Counselling. Weekly face-to-face sessions offering both short and long term psychotherapy with Adults suffering from anxiety, depression, alcoholism, panic attacks, bereavement, sexual abuse.
- Help-line volunteer and Trustee for AAA-Norcap (Adults Affected by Adoption)
- Fully trained Respite Foster carer working with children with ADHD, Autism, anxiety and attachment disorder.
- Listener and Trainer for The Samaritans. Contact included working with adults and teenagers through face-to-face, email and telephone contact working with despair, self-harming and suicidal feelings.
- Facilitator, Learning and Development Consultant and Communications Skills Trainer for the last 17 years with a broad range of organisations in the Public and Private Sector on staff and management training programmes and strategic reviews.
- Team-Building events and programmes for corporates, adults, schools and young people
Seminars/Workshops/Training courses attended:
- Psychopathology - Mental Health Familiarisation
- Existential Psychotherapy
- Gestalt Therapy
- An Introduction to the Cognitive Behavioural Practice
- Samaritans intensive training programme
- A Transgender journey, Self Harming and Bi-polar disorder - Workshops led by those who have lived experience of these issues.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Obesity related counselling for emotional eaters.
Working with all kinds of couples including siblings, mother-daughter, father-son, blended families, LGBT.
Photos & videos
£55 per 50 minute session for individuals (Face to face and Skype sessions)
£70 per 60 minute session for couples
Fees are payable by bank transfer in advance of the session or payable on the day of the session by cash or cheque.
Parking and access:
A parking space is available for clients on the drive. The garden room is at ground floor level reached by a pathway. Please contact me to determine if this is suitable for your access needs.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please call or email me to discuss availability during weekdays and evenings. Some early morning slots and evenings. Not available weekends.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|