Suzanne Genner Counsellor MBACP Accredited Certified EFT Practitioner
St Leonards Road
01709 320371 / 07590 907927
Hello I’m Suzanne.
I understand that it can be really difficult picking up the phone and making that first step towards positive change.... however, knowing I’m also a life survivor with personal understanding of the courage required to overcome anxieties and seek support (leading to the belief in triumph over tragedy), I hope will give you some assurance that while we work together to fulfil your potential, my support will always be genuine, thoughtful and heartfelt.
This atmosphere of safety and warmth enables the process of deep reflection, the clarity and insights gained, allows for a change of perspective and transformation! As counselling supports the development of effective genuine communication this can lead to more fulfilling relationships with the people closest to you, and more importantly yourself!
As an experienced Person Centred Counsellor I offer a safe, empathic, non-judgemental environment in-which clients can explore their issues. Professional training and personal experience gives me the knowledge that being present in the powerful conditions of being really heard, accepted and understood can be very dynamic and growth promoting in it-self. It allows contact with your own innate strengths and internal guidance leading to the resolution of current and past difficulties (e.g. anxiety, relationship difficulties, childhood trauma, depression, loss, etc).
Having continued my professional development my integrative approach tailors the sessions to client need dependent on presenting issues. Additionally some people benefit from the use of simple techniques such as Emotional Focused Therapy (EFT) which enable access to deeper feelings and insight, nurturing a change of perspective and deep emotional healing.
I offer a free initial 20 minute consultation either over the phone or face to face without commitment to enable you to experience whether you feel comfortable working with me, and once you have made the decision to proceed with counselling, we will meet regularly and work at your pace.The professional confidential service I provide can be offered on either a long or short term basis.
Contact me today! Email or just give me a ring - more than happy to have a no commitment conversation...
Training, qualifications & experience
During my 6 years of practice within the NHS, working from different GP surgeries in and around the Rotherham area, I was privileged to engage with people from all walks of life providing counselling support for a diverse range of issues. Prior to this I also offered counselling support within the voluntary sector (Victim Support and Choices and Options) and currently practice within an education environment alongside my private practice.
- BACP Registered – see www.bacp.co.uk for more information
- ABC Level 4 Diploma in the Theory and Practice of Counselling, Rotherham College of Arts and Technology (RCAT) 2008
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills and Theory, RCAT 2006
- Bereavement Awareness Workshop, Cruse Bereavement Care 2010
- Building Resilience (Strengthening our inner resources) weekend workshop, The Janki Foundation 2010
- Understanding and Working with Trauma in the Therapeutic Process, Cornerstone Counselling 2010
- Introductory Transactional Analysis 101 Course, Institute of Transactional Analysis 2011
- Heart Coaching 7 day workshops provided by Cate Mackenzie
- Working with Anger workshop, Well Mind Sheffield Ltd 2011
- Attachment Workshop provided by Rona Taylor 2011
- Supporting and Understanding Individuals Who are Suicidal or Self Harming workshop, Relate 2011
- Asperger’s Awareness Training workshop, The Wellness Centre 2012
- An Introduction to Energy Medicine presentation by Donna Eden and David Feinstein Ph.D. 2013
- Supporting Victims of Domestic Abuse 4 day training, Victim Support South Yorkshire 2007
- Violence Against Women by Men They Know 4 day training, Leeds Inter-Agency Project 2007
- Full NHS training including Safeguarding Adults/Children, Equality and Diversity and Record Keeping
- Counselling for Depression (IAPT), York St John University 2013 (currently completing)
- Neuroscience for Therapist provided by Shauna Hall Minded Institute
- I am also currently participating in a 2 year course with the Optimum Health Clinic in London training in Emotional Freedom Therapy (EFT) Neuro- linguistic Programming (NLP) Hypnotherapy and Life Coaching.
- Adhering to BACP ethical guidelines I partake in monthly supervision to ensure the safe monitoring of my own practice.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Photos & videos
I am available for afternoon and evening appointments Mondays through to Saturdays. I'm based at The Unity Centre on St Leanards Road, Rotherham, S651PD and The Therapy Rooms (Wednesday appointments only afternoon or evening) 23 Cheapside, Wakefield, WF1 2TF.
It is fundamental to how I work, that you achieve your desired goals from the process of working with me at your budget; therefore I offer reduced hourly price (from 3rd session onwards) to a limited range of clients who require concessionary rates.
£45 per one hour (50-60 minutes) session for individuals.
£55 per one hour session for couples.
£35 per one hour session for students.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available in Rotherham for day time or evening appointments (last slot 7pm) Monday-Friday and Saturday afternoons.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|