Susy Rudkin, BA(Hons), Dip Couns, PQ Dip Couns CYP, MBACP
82 Colston Street
07948 602356 / 07948 602356
Welcome. My name is Susy and I offer long and short term counselling for men, women and young people in central Bristol. Finding the courage to ask for and accept help with processing painful feelings and events, is the first step towards taking control and effecting change. I provide a warm, safe and non-judgemental space where together we can work through issues that may be causing you distress or perhaps to feel stuck. I am warm, open and genuine, work intuitively and creatively and always at pace that you feel comfortable with.
It may not feel like it at times, but you are the expert on your own life. As your counsellor, my role is to gently facilitate the process where you can find your own way forward, supporting you onwards towards healing, self-empowerment and growth… to a more authentic, integrated and whole sense of self. I am an Integrative/Humanistic Counsellor, meaning that I use several different approaches in my work. This allows for a flexibility which enables me to draw on a range of theories and techniques in order to reflect the changing needs of my clients. I have experience working with depression, stress, anxiety, generalised anxiety disorder, bipolar disorder, relationship issues, family issues, loss, bereavement, life transitions, work issues, anger management, trauma, domestic violence, addictions, emotional, physical and sexual abuse, phobias, seasonal affective disorder, self harm, suicide, gender identity, lack of confidence, low self-esteem, infertility and miscarriage.
Feeling like you have found the right counsellor is important, so I offer a discounted introductory session, which is an opportunity for you to express what you need help with and for us to get a feel for whether we would like to work together. Please feel free to take a look at my website or contact me to schedule a no obligation appointment. I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Professional Diploma in Integrative Counselling, University of the West of England
- Post Qualifying Diploma in Counselling Children and Young People
- Registered Member of British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- Registered Member of Counsellors and Psychotherapists in Private Practice
- Transactional Analysis 101 Certificate, Institute of Transactional Analysis
- Rewind Trauma Therapy Training
- Anxiety - Practical Intervention Strategies, Crisis and Trauma Resource Institute Inc.
- Reiki Level 1 Certificate
- DBS checked
- Emergency First Aid / CPR / AED Level C
- Professional development workshops in art therapy, anger management, autism spectrum disorders, dream work, mental health, personality disorders, suicide prevention, self-harm, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), mindfulness, acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), therapeutic play, the enneagram, trauma, somatisation and dissociation.
I owned and operated a mobile counselling service in Victoria, BC in Canada, offering short term, affordable counselling to women on lower incomes. I also owned an office based business offering open ended counselling and life coaching to men, women and youth.
I have worked as a school counsellor at Hanham Woods Academy for children aged between 11 and 18 years.
I have provided short term telephone counselling for various Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) providers throughout the UK.
I have worked as a counsellor for the mental health charity, Bristol Mind and as a volunteer for Mindline, a confidential telephone helpline for men, women and youth in crisis.
I offer both short term (solution focused) and longer term (open-ended) therapy and have experience counselling clients of all ages from a variety of social and cultural backgrounds.
I have worked as a Housing Support Worker within homelessness and addiction services in both Canada and the UK.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
My fee is £45 per 50 minute session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday daytimes and evenings and Friday daytimes.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|