Susi Harris - FdA Counselling Adults, PG Dip. Adolesc & Child, MBACP Registered
Susi Harris, Qualified Counsellor in Swansea, Ammanford, Llanelli, Gorseinon, Brynamman, Carmarthenshire.
Qualified Humanistic Integrative Counsellor for Adults (FdA) BACP Accred. Course
Qualified Counsellor for Children and Young People (PG Dip.)
INSURED, DBS Checked, REGISTERED Practicing Member of the BACP, (MBACP)
I hope I can help you find what you are looking for and help you make the most of your life...
*I offer a no charge Initial Phone Consultation so you may discuss your needs and requirements with me* Contact me to arrange via text, phone, email.
FEES per Counselling Hour (Concessions available, please ask me).
£35.00 Counselling Students
£45.00 Corporate Healthcare Service Clients
I offer tailored private individual attention and support with therapy approaches suiting varied issues concerning Adults, Young People and Children. If I consider you may be suited to another professional therapist, we can discuss finding you the right help.
As well as private practice my work experience includes GP referred Primary Health Care counselling, Online counselling, and school based counselling. An example of the issues I commonly work with include anxiety, depression, confidence and self-esteem, phobias, panic, addiction, styles of relating/relationships, family issues, abuse, trauma, plus my special interest in bereavement work, (please see the list of other issues I work with below).
I offer you counselling therapy and guidance so you may share your worries and find a way forward in your life and help you thrive. You are not alone with your problems - many people are experiencing similar situations, thoughts and feelings, but you are unique and experience your world in a unique way.
Personal Development Counselling is also a benefit you may like to receive through my tailored service.
I UNDERSTAND YOU MAY BE FEELING APPREHENSIVE? - this can be natural. I offer a confidential service in a private and comfortable environment where you can feel safe to be yourself and explore your worries, whatever they may be. Short or long term therapy can be an empowering and often surprising life-enriching journey which can serve you well in the future and bring about many life changing benefits.
CLIENTS OFTEN REPORT THAT COUNSELLING HAS CHANGED THEIR LIFE.. and that our sessions have brought them useful insight surrounding troublesome thoughts, emotions and behaviour, or new clarity, perspectives and options. This development ultimately brings about the benefit of increased confidence and autonomy in life. It's never too late to get help and enjoy the benefits of an tailor made counselling experience.
YOUR THOUGHTS? HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOU.. to yourself, and others? I understand that at a difficult time, feelings of low confidence can make asking for help difficult or think that ‘you should just get on with it’ or that working with a counsellor is self-indulgent, a weakness or an unwarranted expense? Perhaps consider the implications to your health and life situation and how counselling can positively help re-focus and enhance your life very quickly.
I hope I have the privilege of working with you... Susi
SOME COMMON ISSUES THAT I WORK WITH - You don't have to struggle on, nor alone.
STRESS COPING STRATEGIES AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT WITHIN COUNSELLING
Popular with clients is relaxation and Mindfulness based Guided Imagery and Visualization techniques which are valuable anxiety, stress management and life enhancing tools.
- Learn relaxation coping strategies to manage and reduce stress and anxiety and associated disorders
- How to overcome low self-confidence and low self-esteem and start enjoying a new world with assertiveness skills
- Anger issues and Anger Management strategies
- Overcoming difficulties with Rewind Technique Therapy for trauma, phobias or fears
- Exploring and understanding your needs, how to meet them and make life more fulfilling
- Exploring your different relationships, learn successful communication and emotions
- Exploring behaviour patterns, how to change unhelpful behaviours to effective ones
- Exploring new ways to deal with stress, anxiety and depression
COUNSELLING ISSUES - ADULTS, YOUNG PEOPLE & CHILDREN (11+)
Here is a sample of issues as well as the above strategies that I commonly work with and have training in as a Counselling Therapist.
- Abuse past and present, physical, emotional, sexual, neglect, co-dependency
- Addictions including substance, sex, shopping, gambling, Drugs - Talktofrank.com
- Anger Management and Stress or lack of control
- Anxiety, Social or General, Panic, Stress
- Attachment and Separation difficulties (relational bonding and development))
- Bereavement, Grief
- Bullying or Harassment
- Chronic illness or pain or disability
- Career and goal challenges - Focusing and personal development
- Low self-confidence and low self-esteem
- Depression or low mood
- Eating disorders and concerns
- Female issues
- Guilt or Shame
- Individuality or Identity Issues, Sexuality, cultural, faith
- Male health and depression, Topics and Forum
- Motivation and personal development
- Obsessions and Compulsion, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder OCD
- Panic Attacks, Fear
- Parenting, child issues
- Personality related issues and disorders
- Phobias or fears
- Relationship issues with others - with partners, family, friends, colleagues
- SAD (Seasonal Affected Disorder)
- Self harm, self-neglect
- Self Image or Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Stress, Anxiety, Fear
- Trauma, PTSD
- Well-Being and self-care matters
- Work and career related stress, concerns
LOSS AND BEREAVEMENT - such a significant and difficult part of our lives in so many ways.
Having trained and practiced in the NHS Bereavement Service, Loss and Bereavement is dear to my heart and is work of special interest. Grief is also significantly associated with losses or changes that affect us in so many ways which can shape our lives negatively or positively. Identifying such events or patterns can help us to understand and reshape our path ahead.
- Anticipated grief of a loved one dying
- Baby, or child loss
- Child bereavement or loss of parent/carer
- Bereavement, loss of a loved one and coping without them
- Chronic grief that is unresolved
- Disability or illness and impact of life
- Pet loss
- Sudden loss and traumatic loss
- Loss associated with life changes or circumstances
TO CONTACT ME CONFIDENTIALLY - Phone, Text, Email (*Arrange A Free Phone Consultation*)
07496 864 388
(Please see SESSION FEES below)
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Qualified Humanistic Integrative Counselling Therapist offering counselling for Adults, Young People and Children.
Qualified Humanistic Integrative Counsellor for Adults (FdA Counselling, BACP Accred. Course)
Qualified Counsellor for Children and Adolescents (PG Dip.)
Insured, DBS Checked and Registered Practicing Member of the BACP (MBACP)
Current practice/experience includes:
Private Counselling Practice
Carmarthenshire Counselling Service Counsellor working with clients referred through GPs via Primary Health Care Services
School Based Counsellor with young people between 11-16yrs
Mindwell Online Counselling Service Counsellor
Bereavement Service NHS Bereavement Counsellor
I have trained as a Humanistic Integrative Counsellor via the BACP Accredited Course via Trinity St David University of Wales based at Coleg Sir Gar which has provided me with counselling expertise plus a comprehensive range of suitable interventions and resources to meet the individual needs of clients and to provide the best counselling experience and most effective outcome. My training is ongoing with Continued Professional Development and I attend Supervision to ensure best and safe practice as required by BACP Professional Body.
QUALIFICATIONS & ONGOING TRAINING
- BACP Accredited Foundation Degree FdA (Distinction), 3YR Humanistic Integrative Counselling, Trinity St David University of Wales/Coleg Sir Gar
- BTEC/EDEXCEL Intermediate Award Counselling Level 2, Trinity St David Uni of Wales/Coleg Sir Gar
- Counselling Children and Adolescents, OA Diploma (Distinction), Qual Reg No.29976
- TA 101 Certificate, Institute of Transactional Analysis (TA)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Anxiety and Depression, Swansea University Accredited
- CURRENT STUDIES
- Child and Adolescent Learning Course, Dept of Health/BACP MindEd (current)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Cert Diploma Online Academies (current)
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner Certificate & IAHT (International Association of Holistic Therapists) ILM Hypnotherapy Centre of Excellence - (City & Guilds) Diploma (current)
COMPLETED CONTINUED PROFESSIONAL TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- Child Protection and Safeguarding
- Keeping them Safe - Protecting Children from Child Sexual Exploitation V2
- Rewind Technique, Human Givens Psychotherapy technique training for the Visual Kinaesthetic Dissociation for the Neutralisation of Traumatic Memories. Psychological treatment
- Emotion Focused Therapy, Swansea Metropolitan University Trainer
- Mental Health First AID, Public Health Wales
- Child Psychology, Swansea University
- Gestalt Therapy, Swansea University
- Trauma Therapy, Swansea University
- OCD & Phobia Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), CBT Specialist Trainer
- Bereavement Counselling Training and 1 yr Practice, NHS Bereavement Service
- Teaching Confidence and Assertiveness, PJG Consultant Psychologists
- Rape Crisis and Sexual Abuse Support, New Pathways
- Psychosexual Therapy
- Education based Emotional Literacy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Suicide Interventions Training
- Personality Disorders
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Gestalt therapy
- Human Givens psychotherapy
Photos & videos
FEES per Counselling Hour - Practices in Swansea, Llanelli, Ammanford, Brynamman, Gorseinon
*I offer a no charge Initial Phone Consultation to talk through your needs and requirements*
£35-40.00 Private (Concessions available, please ask me)
£35.00 Counselling Students
£45.00 Corporate Healthcare Service Clients
07496 864 388
You may be able to get your counselling sessions paid if you have Healthcare Insurance depending on your policy conditions - please check with your insurer first for guidance.
Thank you for visiting my Profile and I hope I may have the privilege of meeting you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please get in touch to discuss your requirements.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|