I am a person-centred counsellor. I am trained to help you help yourself. I offer you a dialogue in which I will not judge you. I will listen to you carefully, without judgement, and I will try to understand what your life feels like from your point of view. I will approach you in human solidarity and I will stand with you as you work out your next move. In all this I hope to help you to discover within yourself our own strength.
I work with people who feel anxious or overwhelmed by the demands of their lives, people who feel isolated and who need to talk things through. I accompany people who are struggling as they get older, or suffering with the pain of bereavement. I listen to people who have experienced bullying or people living with left-over feelings from difficult experiences. Finally, I help people who are feeling confused about who they have become.
I work with clients at their own pace and style. If client want, we can work with poems, or with their own writing.
I have a special interest in working with older clients and with carers.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) in Person-Centered Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of Warwick
- BA (Hons) in English, University of Birmingham
- Certificate in Education (Further Education), Garnett College, Roehampton
- Individual therapy for adults
- Reminiscence workshops for older clients.
- Encounter groups using poetry and song for therapeutic purposes.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
£50 per hour. Concessions available in cases of financial difficulty.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays and weekday evenings.
Types of client