Susan Chance, BA Hons, Dip Therapeutic Counselling, Dip Meditation Teaching
The Practice Rooms
32 Cambray Place
2 Wolseley Terrace
Welcome, I’m Sue. I am committed to my work in helping people to find a way through their problems and towards understanding themselves more deeply. I have known personally how hard it can be to deal with many of life's difficulties and believe that forming a strong working relationship with the right counsellor for you can be life-transforming.
I am trained and qualified in the Person-Centred /Integrative approach to counselling which involves a flexible way of working to suit you as an individual. That could range from solution-focused shorter term counselling to a much deeper psychotherapeutic exploration of how your past has impacted on your life, feelings and actions...allowing you to understand yourself better and enabling you to make positive changes.
I am experienced in counselling on a wide range of issues such as anxiety, depression, bereavement, relationship issues, family dynamics and problems, low self-esteem, and coping with loss or change.
I counselled adults within an Employee Assistance Programme and have experience of dealing with work related stress and work-life balance. I work with adults in private practice and I also work with adolescents and young people in a counselling agency.
I can offer you a confidential, relaxed and welcoming environment. You will have space and time for yourself, to speak freely and be truly heard, respected, and valued. I work in a warm, approachable and non-judgemental way and I look forward to getting to know you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons)
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Registered member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Diploma in Meditation Teaching (Distinction), British School of Meditation
- Certificate in Bereavement Care (Ascentis accredited)
- Certificate TA101 Transactional Analysis (UKATA)
- Working with the Inner Child
- Counselling in a large Employee Assistance Programme
- Counselling young people up to 18 years of age in a counselling agency
- Counselling and mentoring in schools
- Working with neuro-diverse clients, eg dyslexia, dyspraxia & autistic spectrum.
- Enhanced DBS certificate for working with vulnerable adults and young people.
- Training on working with survivors of child/adult abuse and safeguarding
- Samaritans training and experience
- Certificate in Neurobiology and its Applications to Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Applications of Attachment Theory to Psychotherapy
- Training on psychological and physiological mechanisms for emotional regulation
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Child related issues
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
Photos & videos
I offer short term or open ended counselling. There is a £10 administration charge for the first meeting/assessment (1 hour) and there is no pressure to continue. If we decide to work together, 1-1 counselling costs £40 for a 50 minute session, usually held weekly.
My particular areas of interest are:
Anxiety and fear
Family dynamics issues
Depression including post-natal depression
Loss, Grief & Bereavement - including pets
Low self esteem or self confidence
Personal growth and development
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I abide by BACP ethical standards and receive regular clinical supervision. I am committed to keeping qualifications up to date and engage in Continuous Professional Development training.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Flexible dates and times, some slots available after 5pm. Not available on Mondays.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|