Fig Tree Cottage
28 Blackhorse Lane
01462 458677 / 07713 247139
I provide short or long term therapy, with individuals, couples, and organisations. I have over twenty years' experience of working with both personal and work related issues, particularly dealing with somatic distress and anxiety and stress.
As an Integrative practitioner, I am a relational counsellor, working through your presenting difficulties to increase your insight, self awareness and self efficacy.
My research areas explored:
- neurobiological change and transformation in individuals,
- community and organisational communications
- understanding control behaviours (eg. addictive patterns) in relation to anxiety.and trauma
I believe that spiritual, physical, emotional and intellectual fulfilment are equally important and counselling should bring you back into a healthier balance.
I am also a clinical superviser to both qualified and trainee counsellors.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered senior accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Accredited as a counsellor and supervisor (both individuals and groups)
- Research Masters Degree - understanding transformation and learning in adults
I have developed training programmes to national training standards for over 25 years and designed and delivered bespoke training for public and private organisational teams.
I developed and delivered group programmes for women affected by domestic abuse and violence.
My private practice over 30 years has allowed me to develop approaches to counselling , responding to client's realities, whether that is working with dreams, narrative, writing or symbols.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Carer support
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I do organisational mediation, currently in various teams in Essex but am able to travel in the South East/East Anglia region.
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
£40/hour for individuals
£55/hour for couples
negotiable for long term clients and trainees
Please feel free to contact me by email or telephone to discuss any questions you may have. If you do arrange an initial appointment, this does not commit you to any further sessions and this is an initial meeting to explore whether I am the right person for you.
If I do not think we will work well together, I am happy to suggest other practitioners or organisations that may be more helpful.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am able to offer flexible times to be mutually agreed when contracting for counselling
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I offer Integrative supervision to individual counsellors and to groups, supervising psychodynamic, humanistic and IAPT providers.View supervision profile