07428958885 / 07463491594
Hello and welcome to my profile.
My counselling approach is to help support the individual, couple or family achieve their individual fulfilment, with warm, realistic therapy that enables the client to feel they are being heard, listened to and understood.
I am a qualified experienced Integrative counsellor with training and experience in Humanistic,Psychoanalysis and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, which allows me to work with you as a whole person.
I have full knowledge of proven theories, therefore I am able to work with you as an individual and adapt the therapy to suit you personally,this approach allows the empowerment of the person to develop at their own pace enabling their confidence and self esteem to grow.
Areas I specialise in:
I have vast experience working with drug and alcohol abuse and families of the person who has an addiction.
Mental health issues including depression, generalized anxiety, self harm, stress both personal and work related OCD, trauma, panic attacks eating disorders.
Domestic violence, abuse,self esteem issues, self confidence issues.
Divorce and separation, unresolved childhood issues, family problems. Bereavement.
I offer counselling to individuals, couples and young people aged 14 or over.
I offer short or long term therapy depending on your needs.
Short term will concentrate on a specific issue.
Long term will allow us to explore your issues in greater depth.
We will review your therapy every six weeks.
Please email me if you have any questions.
I am a member of the BACP. I am also on the BACP volunteer accredited register. I work within their ethical framework and codes of practise.
I have a current enhanced DBS.
I am a qualified counselling supervisor.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA degree in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy;
- Diploma Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Certificate anger management.
- Certificate in Psycho education
- Certificate in safeguarding
- Certificate BACP of proficiency in Counselling &Psychotherapy
- Clinical supervisor
- Carer support.
- Couples Counselling.
- Cultural differences in relationships.
- Eating disorders.
- Education issues.
- Elderly care.
- Experience of working with vulnerable women.
- Family relationships.
- Parent child conflict.
- Physical abuse.
- Relationship issues.
- Sexual abuse.
- Substance abuse, alcohol/drug etc
- Young people over 14 years old.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
£50 individual counselling. 1 hour
£70 couples counselling. 1 hour
£55 supervision (qualified counsellors) 90 mins
£45 supervision (trainee counsellors) 90 mins
Paid on or before each session
Ex or serving personal of armed forces concessionary fees will apply. Please contact me for details.
Please note before appointments are made, a brief initial assessment will be carried out by telephone, at a time that suits you.
During the initial assessment, I will explain what you can expect from therapy, this will give you the opportunity to decide if therapy is right for you at this time.
The practise has good parking and has good public service links.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
Supervision & training
I have a certificate in clinical supervision endorsed by the BACP.View supervision profile