Sue Thompson Registered Member M.B.A.C.P (Snr. Accredited)
- I can offer evening appointments between 6pm and 9pm
- Day time appointments are available with more flexibility
- I work essentially as a Person Centred therapist integrating other modalities where appropriate this enables me to work flexibly with you as an individual to meet your needs.
I have worked as a counsellor for over 20 years and been qualified 17 years, I also supervise counsellors work within charities and privately. I would say at this time stress and depression are common difficulties that people are attending counselling for along side relationship issues and work related difficulties / stress, however my work experience includes issues such as sexual violation both in child hood and adult hood and enables me to appreciate how these can also impact on all aspects of ones life with such overwhelming consequences at times. I have worked with bereavement issues in loss of relationships, jobs, long term illness and through death of a loved one, and many other emotionally challenging experiences. My goal is to always remember life challenges will affect each individual differently and that is where our understanding begins when starting on this journey of self discovery.
I feel privileged to have also worked with many couples with troubling issues within their relationship enabling them to find a way to go forward that works for them both.
As a supervisor of counsellors I am working with individuals and groups and enjoy working integratively embracing differing modalities. My experience also includes working with groups facilitating personal development growth.
I can also offer support in the process of accreditation, if interested you can find more details on the website accreditationsupportnetwork.co.uk.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling (Isis Centre)
- Diploma in Integrative Supervision (The Link Centre)
- Diploma in Associate Stress Consultancy (BSY correspondence course)
- Diploma in Addiction of drugs and alcohol
- Additional / specialist training in Couples therapy
- Additional / specialist training in Bereavement therapy
- Specialist training in Sexual violation in childhood and adulthood
- Specialist training in Genda Crisis before and post-operatively.
- Specialist training in Embodied Trauma (acknowledging how trauma can affect the physical and psychological well being)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
I offer concessionary rates for those on limited income and full fee is £40.00 per session.
Supervision per 1.5hour session is £55.00
Group work is negotiated at the time.
I have worked in the community for many years as a carer of the elderly, support worker with individuals that have learning difficulties supporting them in life skills and practical difficulties. However...
Almost twenty years ago i started volunteering as a group facilitator with a support group for carer's looking after loved ones with dementia, i learnt a lot about life and the uniqueness of each individual. I went on to volunteer with a rape crisis centre as a counsellor on the telephone listening to people that could be traumatised so badly they could not see how their life would ever be different. It was then i chose to go into more training and specialise as a therapist and this changed my life, I continued to work there seeing clients face to face both men and women for several years.
I still enjoy working in the community with people who are living with long term illness alongside my work as therapist and supervisor in private practice where i can offer support and possible hope for change with people who feel lost or in some way overwhelmed in life.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesday and Wednesday evening appointments and Flexible day time sessions available
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am experienced in group and individual supervision and work integratively believing as a supervisor that i can offer more effective supervision when remaining open to your individual way of being and how you integrate your professional modality / approach to compliment your work with clients.View supervision profile