Sue Crown MBACP Accredited and Registered Counsellor/Psychotherapist
My training is mainly psychodynamic in orientation but I have had a preliminary training in the person centred approach. I also have a certificate in CBT. I have been to many workshops on for example, bereavement and loss as well as creative therapy.
- Please ring me to make an appointment - Monday to Friday. If I am unable to answer please leave a message and I will call you back. There is also an email option to click on if you prefer.
- I offer weekly, 50 minute counselling sessions to individuals on either a short or long-term basis in a designated room. Initially it is a good idea to arrange a first meeting to see if I am able to help you.
- We can then set aside a regular time every week for as long as the sessions are beneficial.
- The sessions are confidential and I abide by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) ethical guidelines for good practice.
How counselling can help -
Life events can be unexpected and impact on day to day living. Sometimes relationships or circumstances alter or become overwhelming. A place to talk and be listened to may help facilitate change. Counselling provides a space to explore situations, thoughts and feelings that may be causing anxiety. Counselling can help make us more aware of ourselves and others and lead to a sense of being able to move forward.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a Degree in Psychology, a Certificate in Person-Centred Counselling from Colchester Institute, and WPF qualifications as follows: Certificate in Counselling Skills, Diploma in Counselling Skills and a Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling. I also have a Certificate in CBT from WPF Therapy and a short Certificate from the Tavistock for Couples Counselling.
I have had experience working at a counselling service in Chelmsford and currently at Mind. I also have experience in working at a hospice, dealing with bereavement and loss as well as working with clients in an NHS mental health setting as an honorary psychotherapist.
I have worked with bereavement, loss, divorce/relationship difficulties, depression, disability, post natal depression, redundancy, trauma and terminal illnesses such as cancer.
I have an enhanced DBS check currently valid.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
My fees for individual counselling in Billericay are £45 per 50 minute session up until 5pm.
£50 per 50 minute session from 5pm to 6pm.
My fees for individual counselling in Bishopsgate, London EC2 are £75.
I am 15 minutes walk from Billericay railway station. 5 minutes by car.
There is plenty of unrestricted car parking nearby. There is a step up to the house.
The Bishopsgate address is five minutes from Liverpool Street. The rooms in this building are on the first floor.
I request that 24 hours notice be given for cancellation of a session otherwise full payment is required. This is because the time and room will be regularly set aside for our session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please email or ring for up to date availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|