020 8769 2764 / 07497 631788
I operate in private practice, aiming to provide a service which suits the client's needs. My approach is to establish a trusting relationship within which to explore the issues that bring the client to therapy. I work supportively, with some challenge, so that clients can re-examine and change their ways of living when these are not working for them.
I am a qualified BACP-registered counsellor and UKCP-accredited psychotherapist with seven years’ public and private sector experience, which includes long- and short-term work. I hold a first class degree in psychology, a diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling and a diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy. In addition to private practice I currently work with NHS patients diagnosed with personality disorder. I have also worked in charity settings such as Samaritans, Cruse and Mind.My integrative training includes CBT and psychodynamic approaches, which means I can work with clients to change unhelpful ways of behaving and thinking, as well as problematic patterns of relating from childhood.
Areas in which I have had working experience include: depression, anxiety, OCD, self-harm, suicidal ideation, low self-esteem, the effects of trauma, borderline personality disorder, and bereavement/loss.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Metanoia Institute, Ealing (2011-17) Middlesex University-accredited MSc/Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy + Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling (2011-15).
- Counselling skills training at Concern, a WPF affiliate, in Ipswich (2009-11).
- Cruse bereavement counsellor training, Norfolk (2010).
- Samaritans training, Norwich (2009-10).
- Open University BSc, distance learning (2004-9).
- Metanoia/Middlesex University MSc/Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy, 2017.
- Metanoia Diploma in Integrative Psychodynamic Counselling, 2015.
- Wpf Diploma in Counselling Skills, 2011.
- Wpf Certificate in Counselling Skills, 2010.
- BSc in Psychology, Open University, 2009.
- Private practice from home, 2015-present.
- Honorary Psychotherapist placement at Oxleas NHS, Woolwich, 2016-present.
- Counselling placement, Awareness Centre, Clapham/Stockwell NHS, 2013-15.
- Counselling placement, Metanoia Counselling Services, 2012-13.
- Bereavement counsellor, Cruse, Norfolk, 2011-12.
- Samaritans telephone befriending volunteer, Norwich, 2010-11.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
£50 per hour
I was formerly an EFL teacher and teacher trainer with a teaching diploma and Master's degree in applied linguistics. I worked in both the UK and overseas. I wrote and directed tailor-made courses, as well as tutoring on internationally recognised Cambridge certificate (CELTA) and diploma (DELTA) courses. I taught and trained people of various nationalities and cultural backgrounds. I am an IELTS examiner. I speak fluent French and German.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||French, German.|
I'm available on work days (Monday-Friday). Time negotiable.
Types of client