020 8769 2764 / 07497 631788
I operate in private practice, aiming to provide a service which suits the client's needs. My approach is to establish a trusting relationship within which to explore the issues that bring the client to therapy. I work supportively, with some challenge, so that clients can re-examine and change their ways of living when these are not working for them.
I am a qualified BACP-registered counsellor with seven years’ public and private sector experience, which includes long- and short-term work. I hold a first class degree in psychology and a diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling. In addition to private practice I currently work with NHS patients diagnosed with personality disorder. I have also worked in charity settings such as Samaritans, Cruse and Mind.My integrative training includes CBT and psychodynamic approaches, which means I can work with clients to change unhelpful ways of behaving and thinking, as well as problematic patterns of relating from childhood.
Areas in which I have had working experience include: depression and anxiety, OCD, self-harm, suicidal ideation, low self-esteem, the effects of trauma, borderline personality disorder, and bereavement/loss.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Samaritans training in Norwich (2009-10).
- Cruse bereavement counsellor training in Beccles, Suffolk (2010).
- Counselling skills training at Concern, a WPF affiliate, in Ipswich (2009-11).
- Metanoia Institute, Ealing (2011-15) towards the Middlesex University-accredited MSc in Integrative Psychotherapy.
- I am presently in the final year of training at Metanoia Insititute to become a psychotherapist, with the dissertation written (PASS) and the viva exam yet to be taken in May 2017.
- Metanoia Diploma in Integrative Psychodynamic Counselling, 2015
- Wpf Diploma in Counselling Skills, 2011
- Wpf Certificate in Counselling Skills, 2010
- BSc in Psychology, 2009 (Open University).
Counselling with Samaritans and Cruse, Norwich and Norfolk - 2010-11.
Counselling placement, Metanoia Counselling Services, 2012-13.
Counselling placement, the Awareness Centre, Clapham, London/IAPT NHS services, Stockwell, London, 2013-15
Psychotherapy placement at Oxleas NHS, Woolwich, 2016 - present.
Private practice from home, 2015 - present.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
£50 per hour
I was formerly an EFL teacher and teacher trainer with a teaching diploma and Master's degree in applied linguistics. I worked in both the UK and overseas. I wrote and directed tailor-made courses, as well as tutoring on internationally recognised Cambridge certificate (CELTA) and diploma (DELTA) courses. I taught and trained people of various nationalities and cultural backgrounds. I am an IELTS examiner. I speak fluent French and German.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||French, German.|
Types of client