01253 423654 / 07786 519828
Coming to counselling is a big decision, you may be feeling stuck and unable to move forward with a particular difficulty are or you may be part of a couple stuck in patterns of behaviour that are ruining your relationship. You may have been told that you would benefit from Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to help you manage overwhelming feelings such as anxiety or low mood. You may not know what you want but simply feel you need to talk things through with someone. Whatever the circumstances, I will provide a confidential, caring and productive counselling relationship in which you will feel emotionally supported while you explore whatever issues you want to bring to our sessions.
I am an accredited counsellor and psychotherapist with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). Accreditation enables clients to recognise proven and competent practitioners. This means that the selection of a counsellor or therapist can be based on an informed choice rather than speculation. I have also been trained in couple work by Relate and I am an accredited couple’s counsellor. I am also a qualified supervisor and supervise other counsellors and trainees
I have a wide range of experience; I have worked for Relate and the NHS working with all types of relationships and a range of issues including low mood and anxiety, abuse, work related issues and more. I also have over 10 years’ experience working with substance misusers and addictions and have been a counselling lecturer at Blackpool & the Fylde College. My approach to counselling is eclectic; this means that a variety of approaches to the work are used as and when appropriate and in collaboration with you, the client. My practice is underpinned in the Person Centred approach, therefore at the centre of the counselling relationship is my regard for and acceptance of the individual.
I treat all information disclosed to me respectfully and as confidential. There are times when I would be ethically bound to break confidentiality; these are when a client disclosed to me an intention to harm themselves or others, knowledge of a young person or vulnerable adult who is in danger of abuse or an intention to commit a crime. When I discuss my work with my supervisor client confidentiality is protected by anonymity.
I work with individuals, couples and families from home in a comfortable dedicated counselling ground floor room in Blackpool. I offer flexible appointments to suit your needs and offer an initial 30 minute consultation free of charge to enable you to find out whether I am the right counsellor/supervisor for you. If you decide to go ahead, we will have regular reviews so that you can ensure you are getting what you need out of the counselling/supervisory process. Counselling sessions last for one hour and supervision sessions for 90 minutes. Please don't hesitate to email me if you have any questions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Master's Degree in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy - Manchester University
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling – Preston College
- Relate Certificate in Couple counselling - Relate, Rugby
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy- Edge Hill University
- Diploma in Supervision - The Centre for Personal Development, Liverpool
- Award in Tackling Substance Misuse - National Open College Network
- Working with Perpetrators of Domestic Abuse
- Working with Victims of Domestic Abuse
- Working with Mental health
- Motivational Interviewing
- Brief Solution Focused Therapy
- Working with Adult Survivors of Sexual Abuse
- Relate Lancashire
- NHS Fylde and Wyre
- NHS Lancaster & Morecambe
- Lifeline (Substance Misuse)
- Alcohol and Drug Services, Blackpool
- Lecturer in Therapeutic Counselling, BFC
- Lecturer in Cognitive Behavioural (CBT) skills and theory, BFC
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Counselling Fees: £30.00 per hour
- Supervision: £35 per 90 minutes
- In both cases I offer a free half hour session so that we can get to know each other and explore the possibility of working together.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer flexible appointments during the day or evenings or weekends.