Sorcha Jones, MBACP(reg'd)
Hello there. A very warm welcome to you.
I am here to offer you friendly, clinically grounded support and warm guidance with:
· Depression, or low mood
· Stress / anxiety from work or other sources
· Relationship / attachment issues, separation and divorce
· ADHD / concentration / focus / memory difficulties (you or family member)
You might suffer from one or some of the above or you may have another source of hurt that you want to tell me about.
Sometimes the challenges life throws at us can make us feel quite stressed. Over the long term this can lead to us suffering from anxiety and depression. We may resort to behaviors such as eating too much or too little, or the wrong type of food. We might turn to smoking, drinking or using non-prescription drugs. Sometimes we might find we over-shop or get into difficult relationships. There are any numbers of ways we try and get ourselves out of one painful emotional state in an attempt to get us into a more comfortable place.
I will give you the space you need. You will be able to hear yourself and have my attention on your well-being and what is right for you.
You may have been struggling on alone, hoping that things might work out on their own.
You might be coming to the conclusion that you have tried everything you can think of and you’ve run out of options.
You might be exhausted by trying to work it out on your own and are ready for a friendly face and some warm support.
I have worked as a counsellor for the last twelve years.
I am a fully trained, registered with the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and accredited by the National Counselling Association (NCS).
I am here to support you and together we can think about what is best for you.
You are very welcome to ring or email me for a confidential, no obligation chat.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Integrative Counselling. (Dip.Couns.)
Art & Social Context BA (Hons).
Psychotherapy trainee M.A. finalist.
Services Counselled for:
- Survivors of Child Abuse, Glos.
- The Listening Post, Glos.
- Nelson Trust Addictions Treatment Centre, (1:1 and groups) Glos.
- NHS IAPT, Glos.
- Women Out Working: Stroud Valleys Project (1:1 and groups) Glos.
- Domestic Abuse scriptwriting/Community Radio (1:1 and groups) Glos
- Women In Prison. Thyme Domestic Abuse Project, Islington.
- The (Un)Speakable (Un)Spoken Motherhood Project (1:1 and groups) Kentish Town Health Centre, NW5.
- Trainer for Chrysalis, teaching counselling to advanced diploma level.
MBACP Reg'd (CoP).
Insured and supervised, working to BACP ethical practice.
Currently in private practice.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Bereavement, including sudden unnatural death or suicide of a loved one
- Difficult or unresolved childhood issues
- Boarding School issues / Boarding School Syndrome
- Sleep difficulties, tiredness
- Medically unexplained symptoms
- Health problems
- Parenting issues (inc motherhood)
- Menopause -conditions and feelings
- Family issues
- Redundancy or loss of work
- Abuse and Trauma (inc. childhood, PTSD and CPTSD)
- Low self-confidence
- Loneliness: Isolation / alienation
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Existential therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
My standard fee is currently £55.00 per session for individuals.
My fee for services and EAP programs: £95.00 per session.
I sometimes have concessionary spaces. Please enquire for details.
I work from my study in Gospel Oak.
It is by Mansfield Road, up the road from Gospel Oak Overground.
It is also on the main bus routes and very easily accessible.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have early morning, daytime (office hours) and evening appointments available. I will sometimes offer weekend appointments.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|