Sorcha Jones, MBACP(reg'd)
Hello there. A very warm welcome to you.
I am here to offer you friendly human support and warm guidance with:
· Depression, or low mood
· Stress / anxiety from work or other sources
· Relationship / attachment issues, separation and divorce
· ADHD / concentration / focus / memory difficulties (you or family member)
You might suffer from one or some of the above or you may have another source of hurt that you want to tell me about; I have over twelve years counselling experience. Whatever the problem is you can bring it to me. If I think you need more specialised support then I will help you to think about where next might be best for you.
While I am warm and informal, I have excellent, in depth and rigorous training behind me. I am supported well by robust and well qualified supervisors too.
I am a fully trained, registered with the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and accredited by the National Counselling Association (NCS).
I am here to support you and together we can think about what is best for you.
You are very welcome to ring or email me for a confidential, no obligation chat.
And finally- One extra good reason to get in touch:
While I completed my counselling training in 2006 I embarked on extra in-depth psychotherapy training four years ago in which I am coming to an end. This means you get the benefit of my experience and up date psychotherapy all at a lesser counselling rate.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Integrative Counselling. (Dip.Couns.)
Art & Social Context BA (Hons).
Psychotherapy trainee M.A. finalist.
Services Counselled for:
- Survivors of Child Abuse, Glos.
- The Listening Post, Glos.
- Nelson Trust Addictions Treatment Centre, (1:1 and groups) Glos.
- NHS IAPT, Glos.
- Women Out Working: Stroud Valleys Project (1:1 and groups) Glos.
- Domestic Abuse scriptwriting/Community Radio (1:1 and groups) Glos
- Women In Prison. Thyme Domestic Abuse Project, Islington, N1
- The (Un)Speakable (Un)Spoken Motherhood Project (1:1 and groups) Kentish Town Health Centre, NW5.
- Trainer for Chrysalis, teaching counselling to advanced diploma level, E1.
MBACP Reg'd (CoP).
Insured and supervised, working to BACP ethical practice.
Currently in private practice and offering psychotherapy on a voluntary basis at Camden Carers, NW1.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Bereavement, including sudden unnatural death or suicide of a loved one
- Difficult or unresolved childhood issues
- Boarding School issues / Boarding School Syndrome
- Sleep difficulties, tiredness
- Medically unexplained symptoms
- Health problems
- Parenting issues (inc motherhood)
- Menopause -conditions and feelings
- Family issues
- Redundancy or loss of work
- Abuse and Trauma (inc. childhood, PTSD and CPTSD)
- Low self-confidence
- Loneliness: Isolation / alienation
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Existential therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
My standard fee is currently £55.00 per session for individuals.
Concessions: If you'd like support but cannot afford the full fee, let me know.
When I've got space I like to be able to offer support at a lower rate to those that need it.
I work from my study in Gospel Oak.
It is by Mansfield Road, up the road from Gospel Oak Overground.
It is also on the main bus routes and very easily accessible.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have spaces at various different times to suit -including early mornings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|