Sophie M. Demuth, MSc Integrative Psychotherapy, UKCP, MBPsS
17 Cavendish Square
Mill Hill East
- I am a UKCP registered, full clinical Integrative psychotherapist drawing on a range of perspectives to help my client – I also specialise in anxiety, depression, eating disorders, sexual abuse, painful relationship issues, addictions, symptomatic and behavioural problems, personality disorders and everyday life issues.
- My work is non-judgemental, empathic and empowering and holds my client's well-being, beliefs and confidentiality as a priority.
- I provide short term therapy (6 to 8 sessions) or longer term if required.
- To help my client in the most efficient way I can to meet their tasks and goals and to bring and facilitate change, I approach therapy in two ways:
1. In exploring how the past affects the present, shedding light on what may be keeping my client stuck in old ways of relating.
2. By identifying behavioural and thinking patterns with a view to finding new solutions;
I see that therapy works by using a strategic approach as well as recognising that undercurrents may be powerfully at work outside our awareness. This dual approach is the most effective and empathic way I can work and can bring immense satisfaction whilst providing powerful opportunities for change. I also believe that as we experience personal change, circumstances and relationships around us are also impacted.
I see that human beings are driven by a need for happiness, relationship, choice, growth and development. Some of these needs have a more existential or spiritual dimension and at other times they are related to mundane life events or patterns which have become unmanageable or painful. My belief is that another skilled and sensitive person help access our own sophisticated resources and understanding to enable us to move forward. Fortunately we are dynamic and evolving beings and our potential for change is always inspiring.
I currently offer therapy at Cavendish Square, London W.1. and at Mill Hill East, London NW7. My premises are quiet, comfortable and confidential. Please don't hesitate to contact me for an initial consultation when we can discuss how I can help you and how we can plan to move forward.
Training, qualifications & experience
I began my training with a BSc (Hons) in Psychology followed by a foundation year in Psychotherapy and Counselling at Regents college in London.
I then completed an MSc at the Metanoia Institute in Integrative Psychotherapy whilst practicing at the Metanoia Counselling and Psychotherapy Service.
I have worked for 9 years in private practice with a range of issues. I have also worked in collaboration with 'Into The Light', an organisation which support adults who have experienced childhood sexual abuse.
I am an experienced eating counsellor with experience at WeightMatters specialising in food, eating, body and weight issues and I have also worked in private rehab in Spain with addiction (alcohol and drug).
I have also volunteered with the NHS at the Maudsley Hospital on an acute psychiatric ward with schizophrenia and other schizo-affective disorders.
I am a member of the British Psychological Society and an accredited member of the UKCP.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
Photos & videos
My fees are £75 for a 50 minute session at Cavendish Square and £55 an hour in Mill Hill East. I offer a 10% discount for 6 sessions booked in advance.
If you are curious about what therapy might offer you and whether I am the right person for you to work with please don't hesitate to contact me as I would be welcome the opportunity to meet with you. Please email me or phone me and I will do my best to get back to you within 24 hours.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Thursday evenings Cavendish Square, W1, Tuesday afternoon, Mill Hill East, NW7
Types of client