Sonja Esterhuyse Falck
12 Harley Street
131 Cranley Gardens
0208 883 0361 / +447854 366871
Please feel free to contact me to decide if you'd like to book an appointment. In our first appointment we will discuss your needs and goals and together agree on the way forward. I offer consultation in various forms to suit the individual, including long-term work, short-term work, face-to-face and telephone or skype sessions.
My particular interest is in improving relationships. I have a track record since 1996 of successfully helping people navigate relationship challenges so as to find, form, and sustain the relationships they want or come out of relationships that are ending. I work with adult individuals, couples and groups. I am a South African who has long been settled in London.
How I work
I never impose a 'treatment' agenda on a client, but work relationally with you to attend thoughtfully and sensitively to what the main issues are for you. My main approach is psychodynamic, but I integrate elements of CBT, mentalisation, and systemic thinking into my practice. Fees are agreed on an individual basis.
Getting to me
Both of my consulting rooms are private, quiet, secure spaces where you can be free to speak confidentially without interruption.
- At my Central London Harley Street address parking is free from 6.30pm, otherwise paid parking is available on the street outside and in two very nearby parking garages. Nearest tube stations are Oxford Circus and Bond Street, both a short walk away. There is a receptionist here who will let you in, a waiting area, and stairs up to this consulting room.
- At my North London Cranley Gardens address parking is free on the street outside at all times. Here there is no receptionist or waiting area and no stairs - the consulting room is on the ground floor and easily accessible if you're bringing a child in a pushchair with you or using a wheelchair. Nearest tube station is Highgate, a 15 minute walk away. Also easily accessible by overground train, using Crouch Hill station and the W7 bus (getting off at the "Alexandra Palace & Park" stop). By National Rail train, get off at Alexandra Palace station then a W3 bus will take you very near to Cranley Gardens: get off at the "Alexandra Palace & Park" stop..
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSocSc(Hons) Clinical Psychology (University of Cape Town)
- MA Psychoanalysis (Middlesex University)
- Psychoanalytic psychotherapy training (Philadelphia Association)
- City & Guilds teaching qualification (PTLLS Level 4)
- EMCC Certificate in Executive Coaching, Senior Practitioner level (Tavistock Consulting)
- I am currently completing my Doctorate in Psychotherapy by Professional Studies (Metanoia Institute and Middlesex University)
- I have been in practice since 1996, working with adult individuals, couples and groups. I have been designing and delivering psychology-related workshops and courses in adult education since 2011 (at City Lit, Covent Garden), and am a Senior Lecturer in Counselling and Psychotherapy at the University of East London. I welcome trainee counsellors or psychotherapists who are seeking a training therapist.
- I also offer supervision.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Executive coaching
- Issues related to high IQ
Fees are negotiated on an individual basis. Factors taken into consideration are the service required (eg. psychotherapy or executive coaching), location of sessions and their frequency and duration, and individual means.
I am experienced in dealing with a wide range of clients from different ages, genders, sexualities, occupations, races, cultures and national origins. My work approach is open-minded and non-discriminatory. I am experienced in dealing with a wide range of presenting situations including feeling generally low or anxious, facing a specific crisis, seeking help with forming and/or sustaining relationships of any kind including romantic relationships, parenting issues and workplace challenges. The focus of our work together can be on addressing a particular problem or the focus can be on furthering your personal and professional development towards realizing your potential to live a more free and fulfilled life.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Week day evenings up to 11pm; Saturday mornings. Early morning appointments possible.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|