S Hurst MBACP
07850057617 / 07850057617
Hello and welcome to my profile. Having been to counselling myself as part of my training I am aware it can feel quite a scary process. Sitting in front of someone you are comfortable with is important and can make a difference with what you feel able to share. To help you decide if I'm the right choice for your journey, please take a look at my profile.
I am trained as a person centred counsellor; this means sessions are led by my clients, focusing on what is important for them. I work with individuals and also provide a service for couples who wish to access counselling. I am there to listen and support them to find answers within themselves. I don't offer advice or tell clients what to do.
I hope to create a confidential and non-judgemental space for my clients to feel at ease.
My sessions are 50 minutes in a comfortable room within a discreet location with free parking. Easy access from M62 and A1 junctions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 3 in Counselling Skills
I have many hours of continued professional development which include:
- Working with trauma in clients
- Working with bullying in counselling
- Couples counselling
- Safeguarding issues in counselling
- Working with personality disorders
- Working with eating disorders
- Existential issues in counselling
I attend regular training events to continually strengthen my knowledge.
I have experience from practising in a community centre and also in private practice where I have counselled many adults presenting a wide range of life issues.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
50 minute sessions are £30.00 for individuals
50 minute sessions are £45.00 for couples
30 minute taster sessions are £20.00
Discounts for students are available with proof of student I.D.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Saturday times negotiable.
Types of client