Siri Rasmussen - EMDR and CBT Accredited Therapist; bilingual English/Danish.
51-53 Church Road
Experienced professional psychotherapist offering EMDR and CBT. Specialist in trauma, anxiety and depression. Located in central Hove.
I have over 20 years experience of working with people in distress and/or with mental health issues. For the last 8 years, I have been working within the NHS as an EMDR and CBT therapist.
In my practice as a Social Worker, I worked extensively with people in very difficult circumstances and who were experiencing high levels of distress. My work then and now involves enabling people to make sense of their lives, their behaviour and thereby making changes so that they can start moving forward towards a more fulfilling lifestyle.
Problems I work with:
* PTSD and Trauma which can be the result of an accident, being the victim of physical and/or sexual violence or difficult early life experiences such as bullying or neglect;
* Anxiety which can take many forms such as health anxiety, panic disorder, social phobia, GAD (generalised anxiety disorder), specific phobias including vomit phobia, OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) and BDD (body dysmorphic disorder);
*Depression and low mood.
*EMDR (eye movement desensitization reprocessing) is a particularly effective therapeutic intervention to help with managing high levels of emotional distress, which can impact on day to day life. This type of therapy works well with a number of different presentations but particularly so with PTSD and trauma;
*CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy) is a practical approach to challenging the way that we think and behave.
Please contact me for further information or to have a brief discussion about what you wish to bring to therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited EMDR Practitioner;
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychological Intervention Accredited CBT Practitioner;
- Diploma in Humanistic Counselling;
- MA in Social Work, Accredited HCPC (Health & Care Professionals Council);
- BA double Hons, Social Anthropology
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Sessions usually last 50 minutes and the fee is £65. Longer sessions are payable pro rata. I will discuss, in advance whether any longer sessions are necessary.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Evenings and Saturdays
Types of client