2 Princes Buildings
I offer mindfulness oriented psychotherapy and supervision in Bath and have been practicing as a psychotherapist for 15 years.
Mindfulness has a growing evidence base and is gaining popularity across many fields of psychology. It is a vital ingredient in my work. Whilst some of our work together will involve you telling your story; you will also be invited to develop conscious attention and tune into your bodily sensations. This is a gentle encouragement to reconnect to your deeper self and develop awareness to how things change from moment to moment.
Each relationship is unique. For some people, our work together is a short journey and for others, it can be a longer voyage. Therapy is not a prescriptive science but rather is dependent on your needs, what you want to explore and achieve in therapy.
My approach is holistic and creative, with an intention to create a safe space and support you to explore and release old patterns. This practice encourages you to deepen to your authentic presence and develop a more compassionate relationship to yourself and others.
I have combined running a private practice, with consulting and working with organisations such as St Mungo’s, Pret a Manger and London Fire Brigade. I have also worked with several organisations in Bristol and Frome providing reflective practice for staff teams. I am passionately interested in interpersonal creativity, wellbeing, resilience, eco-psychology and heart/mind/body practice which informs my approach in all aspects of my work.
Please see my website www.siobhanmcgee.com for more information
Training, qualifications & experience
- UKCP Accreditation
- BACP member & Certificate of Profiency
- MA in Core Process Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Contemplative Supervision
- European Certificate in Psychotherapy (ECP)
- CIPD Diploma in Learning & Development
- Tisserand Institute Diploma in Holistic Aromatherapy
- Post graduate training in Somatic Trauma Therapy with Babette Rothschild at the Chiron Centre in London.
- Completed Level 1 and Intermediate EMDR training with Alexandra Richman in London.
- Compassionate Mind Training with Paul Gilbert
- Compassion Fatigue Educator Certification Course (Figley Institute)
- BA Honours in Film, Drama & Education
- European Association of Psychotherapy (EAP) membership
- Full member of the International Stress Management Association ISMA.
- Associate membership CIPD
- AVIVA Health Insurance Registered Provider
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship issues
£50 per hour
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I facilitate professional supervision and a contemplative learning space to reflect on and discuss your work in depth.View supervision profile