Dr Siobhan Marnoch, CPsychol, DClinPsy. Chartered Clinical Psychologist
I am a Senior Clinical Psychologist working in the NHS and private practice (in Streatham, South London) and registered with the HCPC.
I am a warm and experienced clinician who provides confidential, tailored and evidence-based therapies aimed at helping you to feel better and get back on track. I specialise in working with individuals and couples with a wide range of difficulties (including depression, anxiety, panic, stress, trauma bereavement, low self-esteem, phobias, physical health issues, sexual difficulties and relationship problems) who would like advice and support to help improve their wellbeing and quality of life.
I can help you to understand how your difficulties may be being maintained and support you to make lasting change in the areas important to you. I draw on a variety of different therapeutic models and techniques depending on the difficulties you would like help with. These include:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (including Trauma Focused CBT),
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing)
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy,
- Compassion Focussed Therapy,
- Narrative Exposure Therapy,
- Mindfulness, and
- Psychosexual Therapy.
Please feel free to contact me either by phone or email. I will get back to you promptly to arrange an initial telephone consultation (free) in order to get a broad sense of what you would like help with. If I am not able to offer you help at this time, I will endeavour to signpost you on to alternative services.
We will arrange a time to meet face to face and discuss in more detail what you are struggling with and what you would like to work on. The assessment process usually takes 1 to 2 sessions depending on the nature of your difficulties. Following this we will agree some initial goals for therapy, that we can review regularly to check we are on the right track.
2. Therapy sessions
We will plan a course of sessions together to work through your difficulties and help get you get back on track. The number and frequency of sessions is flexible, but can typically range from 8 to 12 sessions. Together we will plan things you can do between sessions to help maximise your progress. After therapy, when you feel you are back on track, it can be helpful to plan a booster session(s) to help you stay on track.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College London (DClinPsy)
BSc Hons Psychology, Royal Holloway, University Of London.
I have 8 years experience providing psychological assessment, therapy and support to individuals and couples. I have worked in a variety of specialist physical health and adult mental health services specialising in anxiety disorders, trauma, chronic pain, HIV, sexual health, adult ADHD, perinatal, and palliative care.
Memberships and Accreditations:
- I am registered with the Health and Care Professional Council (HCPC)
- I am a Chartered Clinical Psychologist (CPsychol) with the British Psychological Society (BPS).
- I am accredited as a Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist with the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
Individuals - 50 minutes: £90
Couples - 50 minutes: £100
Sessions cancelled with less than 48 hours notice will be charged at the full rate.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client