Simon Brodie MNCS(Accred)
(+44) 7731 495042
- Does your anxiety keep you awake at night?
- Is your relationship not what it used to be?
- Do you find yourself getting frustrated at the slightest thing?
- Are your stress levels impacting on your personal (and love) life?
- Are you worried about your child's mental health?
I provide a safe, confidential and supportive environment in which you can address whatever is troubling you. I won't judge you nor tell you what to do, but I will help you to find your own path to deal with life's problems.
I support children, adults and families as they work through a range of issues. Whether it's relationship issues, anxiety, depression, family issues, affairs, work stress, phobias, addictions or any of the 100s of other things that could be troubling you, please get in touch. I can help.
My office is currently in Kirkwall, but I can arrange to meet elsewhere if that is more suitable for you, or we can undertake therapy in the comfort and safety of your own home or online via Skype/email etc.
Because I operate throughout the UK (phone/Skype/email) and globally (Skype/email), if you are not local, that shouldn't affect us working together if you feel I'm the right person to work with you.
So for those clients nearby (Highlands / Moray / Aberdeenshire / Shetland / Western Isles), we can easily work on Skype or by email or phone if that suits you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have successfully worked with children, teens, adults and families and I ensure that I maintain my skills and training by taking part in continuous professional development and monthly supervision.
Training / Qualifications
- Integrated Professional Diploma In Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- BTEC in Trauma Risk Management
- Diploma In Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills
- Evaluating truth and credibility
- Emotional skills and competencies
- Military Trauma Risk Management Instructor course
- Belbin Team Role Accreditation
- Facilitation and coaching training
- Various PTSD seminars
- Working with transgender clients
- Working with New Psychoative Substances (NPS)
- Working with Muslim clients
- Working with survivors of sexual violence
- Working with eating disorders
- Mental health first aid for Children and Young People
- The National Counselling Society (Accredited member)
- National Autistic Society (member)
- National Coalition for Sexual Freedom (registered professional)
- Pink Therapy LGBTQIA+-friendly therapist (member)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Whilst I cover all the areas above (and more), I have specialist experience in dealing with:
Autism Spectrum Disorders
Uniformed personnel, military veterans and their families
Gender, Sexuality and Relationship Diversity
Mon - Sun 9am - 8pm* - £35/session
Sessions are about 50 mins unless agreed otherwise (which may incur additional charges)
*Early mornings, evenings, weekends and bank holidays are all available by arrangement
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments Mon-Sun 9am - 8pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|