Dr. Sidrah Muntaha, Harley Street & South Woodford, London
2 Harley Street
10/11 The Shrubberies
Welcome and thank you for visiting my profile. My name is Sidrah and I am a UK-trained Chartered Clinical Psychologist with consulting clinics in South Woodford and Harley Street, London.
Please feel free to follow me on Twitter, Facebook or contact me directly to find out more about what I offer and how I work. I also offer Skype Therapy and Supervision for those who may not be able to travel to either of my clinics.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am registered as a Chartered Clinical Psychologist by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC). In addition, I am an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society, and have specialist experience in working with complex mental health issues including Psychosis, Neurological Diseases, Learning Disabilities and Personality Disorder. I also hold post-qualification certificates in
- Supervision & Training,
- CBT for Psychosis,
- CBT for Trauma in Psychosis,
- Attachment & Neuroscience and
- Dialectic Behavioural Therapy (DBT) with Personality Disorders.
With over 18 years’ experience of working in the NHS, I have delivered direct psychological interventions including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Psychodynamic Therapy, Systemic Therapy, Couple Therapy and Group Therapy.
I am qualified to work with children as well as adults, and deliver psychological support to teams and organisations in the NHS through Teaching, Training & Supervision.I have a proactive way of engaging with clients who find therapy difficult, and have a reputation for forming excellent relationship with my clients.
"Sidrah listened to me in a way that no one in my life ever has. First day she listened, then she said a few things which took me back because it was true... It was only 4 months. But in that time, it felt like years of therapy because I became like a new person, with different ways of thinking. Now when i see someone else with the same problems I know they need to get help..." -D.S, Female, 36, London
"Thank you Sidrah! I have learnt so much from you. Thank you so much for your kind words, your non-judgmental stance and your belief in me" - Anonymous, Female, 27, Essex
"Dr. Muntaha helped me to get over my phobia. I can see the benefits of therapy and I would see her again if I needed to."- Stephen, Male, 58, London
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
WHAT I OFFER
I am trained in a number of therapeutic models including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Systemic Therapy & Psychodynamic Therapy to treat a range of mental health difficulties. I often use models and techniques integratively to suit each individual depending on the nature and severity of your symptoms.
For details about each of the therapeutic models I offer and how each would approach a fictitious client ('Janice'), please visit my website or click on any of the above therapies.
Photos & videos
SOUTH WOODFORD CLINIC
- If you are self-funded, my fees are £80 for consultations and £80 for individual 50-minute sessions. My fees for couple/family work are £100 per 50-minute sessions. I also provide assessment reports and treatment plans at an additional fee which vary according to complexity.
- I am recognised by several major healthcare insurance companies including BUPA, AVIVA, HEALIX, WPA and AXA PPP. Fees through insurance companies are £100 for consultations/individual sessions and £120 for couple/family work. Please contact your provider to ensure that they will cover your fees for psychological therapy.
PLEASE CONTACT ME TO ENQUIRE ABOUT MY HARLEY STREET FEES
- Understanding Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- How to support your child with anxieties
- Coping with anxiety
- Making sense of psychosis
- Social relationships and emotional separation
- Shopping for a therapist - some clinical considerations
- The Messiness of Emotional Pain
- Behind the Mask of Macho Men
I offer supervision to qualified Counsellors and Clinical/Counselling Psychologists. Please see my supervisor's profile for more information..
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays & Saturdays
Types of client
Supervision & training
Supervision- South Woodford Clinic.View supervision profile