Dr. Sidrah Muntaha, Chartered Clinical Psychologist
10/11 The Shrubberies
Welcome and thank you for visiting my profile. My name is Sidrah and I am a HCPC registered Chartered Clinical Psychologist with a private practice based in South Woodford. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter, Facebook or contact me directly to find out more about what I offer and how I work. I also offer Skype Therapy and Supervision.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am registered as a Chartered Clinical Psychologist by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC). In addition, I am an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society, and have specialist experience in working with complex mental health issues including Psychosis, Neurological Diseases, Learning Disabilities and Personality Disorder. I also hold post-qualification certificates in
- Supervision & Training,
- CBT for Psychosis,
- CBT for Trauma in Psychosis,
- Attachment & Neuroscience and
- Dialectic Behavioural Therapy (DBT) with Personality Disorders.
With over 18 years’ experience of working in the NHS, I have delivered direct psychological interventions including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Psychodynamic Therapy, Systemic Therapy, Couple Therapy and Group Therapy.
I am qualified to work with children as well as adults, and deliver psychological support to teams and organisations in the NHS through Teaching, Training & Supervision.I have a proactive way of engaging with clients who find therapy difficult, and have a reputation for forming excellent relationship with my clients.
"Sidrah listened to me in a way that no one in my life ever has. First day she listened, then she said a few things which took me back because it was true... It was only 4 months. But in that time, it felt like years of therapy because I became like a new person, with different ways of thinking. Now when i see someone else with the same problems I know they need to get help..." -D.S, Female, 36, London
"Thank you Sidrah! I have learnt so much from you. Thank you so much for your kind words, your non-judgmental stance and your belief in me" - Anonymous, Female, 27, Essex
"Dr. Muntaha helped me to get over my phobia. I can see the benefits of therapy and I would see her again if I needed to."- Stephen, Male, 58, London
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
WHAT I OFFER
I am trained in a number of therapeutic models including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Systemic Therapy & Psychodynamic Therapy to treat a range of mental health difficulties. I often use models and techniques integratively to suit each individual depending on the nature and severity of your symptoms.
Photos & videos
SOUTH WOODFORD CLINIC
- If you are self-funded, my fees are £80 for consultations and £80 for individual 50-minute sessions. My fees for couple/family work are £100 per 50-minute sessions. I also provide assessment reports and treatment plans at an additional fee which vary according to complexity.
- I am recognised by several major healthcare insurance companies including BUPA, AVIVA, HEALIX, WPA and AXA PPP. Fees through insurance companies are £100 for consultations/individual sessions and £120 for couple/family work. Please contact your provider to ensure that they will cover your fees for psychological therapy.
- Understanding Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- How to support your child with anxieties
- Coping with anxiety
- Making sense of psychosis
- Social relationships and emotional separation
- Shopping for a therapist - some clinical considerations
- The Messiness of Emotional Pain
- Behind the Mask of Macho Men
I offer supervision to qualified Counsellors and Clinical/Counselling Psychologists. Please see my supervisor's profile for more information..
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays & Saturdays
Types of client
Supervision & training
One-to-One Supervision.View supervision profile