Sian Clare Registered Member MBACP
- I am a fully qualified Counsellor and Registered Member of the BACP with over 8 years experience of counselling.
- I offer hourly sessions in a beautiful rural location with parking on site or York City centre.
- My approach is Person Centred Integrative.
- I can offer both long and short term counselling.
- If it is more convenient I can offer telephone counselling.
- Where appropriate I can use creative forms of counselling for example art, visualisation and mindfulness.
- I understand that clients value confidentiality and I work in a confidential, non judgemental way in a safe environment.
- I receive regular monthly supervision from a fully qualified supervisor.
- In addition to counselling adults I work within the social care sector and have many years experience of working with young people and I am very aware of the issues they face.
- I am fully insured and CRB checked.
- An initial consultation is free and lasts for around 30 minutes.
- If you would like to chat about counselling before making an appointment please feel free to contact me by email or telephone.
Training, qualifications & experience
Graduate Diploma in Counselling 2006
Certificate in Counselling Skills and Theory 2004
BA in Educational & Community Studies 1985
Training and CPD:
Sexual Exploitation – Building a Toolkit Workshop. November 2014
Young People and Domestic Abuse. November 2014
IDAS Domestic Abuse Basic Awareness Training. November 2014
Trauma, Attachment and Response. April 2014
Adolescent Neurodevelopment, it's impact on mental health including risk taking, attachment issues, capacity for empathy and personal responsibility. January 2014
Understanding and responding to young people presenting in emotional crisis including suicidal thinking; complex coping strategies including deliberate self harm, eating disorders etc. January 2014
Equality Awareness. November 2011
Dissociative Identity Disorder and other complex dissociative conditions. October 2011
Improving the Self Esteem of Children using Social Skill Training. May 2010
Working with Trauma and Dissociation June 2009
Dissociative Process and the Therapeutic Use of Self May 2009
Basic Awareness in Child Protection 2009
Experiential Workshop in Mindfulness 2009
Child Sexual Abuse 2008
Family Constellations February 2008
Domestic Abuse Awareness Training 2006
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Hourly sessions £40
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|