Sheron Veail BA (Hons) MBACP Person Centred /Cognitive Behavioural therapist
14 Sea View Gardens
Sometimes we all need a little help, juggling the pressures and responsibilities of work and personal lives can become stressful and distressing.
I work as a Person Centred Counsellor/Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
I am an experienced counsellor who can currently accommodate clients in both Scarborough and most of the East Riding. Much of my work has been with depression, bereavement, general anxiety disorder (GAD) relationship issues, children (bullying) and anxiety. I also work with clients who may be feeling depressed, sad and this includes divorce which can be very traumatic. Currently, I also work as a sessional counsellor for MIND counselling children and young people and as a bereavement counsellor.
My approach is also based on BACP guidelines being respectful and non-judgmental. I provide an empathic space for clients to explore problems I aim to keep the client safe. I will make each client the primary focus of my attention and our work during our sessions together. Helping the client to find ways of coping in situations that are the core of their distress and discovering the resources required to manage these problems that come along.
Call or email for free initial consultation
Training, qualifications & experience
- I qualified to degree level at the University of Hull Hons Degree in Counselling this has been enhanced with continued professional development.
- Enhance DBS Certificate.
- East Riding Safeguarding Children Certificate
- Working with Children who Self harm. BACP
- Bereavement through Suicide. Cruse bereavement Bridlington
- Member of BACP / Coaching / Children & young People divisions.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
Fees are £40.00 per 50min session.
Children and Students are offered a reduced rate.
Couples counselling £50.00 per 50min session
Payment arrangements are confirmed with client at first appointment.
Reduced rates for low income or clients receiving disability living allowance.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|