Sharon O'Connor B.A (Hons.) MBACP FDAP
A Little Room Of Therapy
Room 10 Ingram House
Broxbourne Council Offices, Bishops College, Churchgate
The Journey is not about me, it's about you..
Counselling can help you through difficult periods of your life and as life does not come with a guide book, we can often find ourselves overwhelmed, distressed and unable to cope.
My counselling practise is offered to you through a joint venture with my counselling colleague where we aim to provide you as a client, a bespoke service.
Here at A LITTLE ROOM OF THERAPY , our reflective and confidential practice provides an empathic, understanding and non-judgemental space where both men and women can explore through our therapeutic services, ways to bring meaning, understanding and awareness into their lives.
By gentle exploration we work to support your journey through therapy, to make sense, find meaning and to encourage ways to understand and move you forward through your traumas and difficulties.
Our counselling service provides professionally qualified interventions that deal with many problems including relational issues, anxiety, relationship and family issues. depression, phobias, separation and divorce, abuse, panic disorders, bereavement, redundancy, low self-esteem and child related issues. These are just a few of the areas that we are experienced in and is not an exhaustive list.
Located within a listed building inside the grounds of Broxbourne council offices in Cheshunt, our practice is very close to junction 25 on the M25 and at College Road just off the A10. We are suitably placed to cover the Hertfordshire and Essex borders and also Enfield with North London being a short drive away. There is parking available both inside the grounds of Broxbourne Council Offices and nearby on surrounding streets .
The nearest overground stations to us our Cuffley, Cheshunt and Theobald's Grove.
Training, qualifications & experience
- B.A (Hons.) Counselling
- BACP Accredited Foundation Degree Dip Level 5 Counselling & Psychotherapy
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Skills and Studies Level 2.
- Public Health Hertfordshire County Council Stop Smoking Specialist Advisor
- MBACP 194822 British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
- FDAP 281 Federation of Drug and Alcohol Professionals
- NCSCT 149058 Smoking Cessation and Speciality Modules in Mental Health, Cessation & Pregnancy
I am a fully qualified counsellor with a person-centred psychodynamic background. I work in an integrative way bringing a variety of counselling approaches together that are best suited to the individual client.
My experience spans over the years and I have worked within voluntary, Public Health and charity settings.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Photos & videos
- Individual Therapy from £40.00 per session
- Couples Counselling from £50.00 per session
- Students & Student Counsellors (in training) from £25.00 per session
Please visit our website for more comprehensive information regarding our service. I very much look forward hearing from you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Friday: 07.00am - 8.00pm Saturday & Sunday: 09.00am - 1.00pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|