Sharon Kaplansky MA Psychotherapy, MBACP, UKCP Accredited.
294-296 Nether Street
If you are experiencing anxiety, relationship issues, depression, feeling sad, panic attacks, low self-esteem, bereavement, I can help you work through these issues in a warm, empathic space where you can talk to me about your concerns.
In addition I work with stress and trauma, family issues including abusive relationships, sexual abuse, identity issues and life changing events.
I see therapy as a collaborative endeavor between us that allows you to openly explore your thoughts and feelings in a safe, confidential and non-judgemental environment, that aims to help you feel heard, acknowledged and understood. Therapy will help you make meaning of your life, bring clarity and empower you to create a more positive future.
As a qualified and experienced counsellor and psychotherapist, I work on a long or short term basis as required. I am aware that each person is unique and I draw on several approaches to find the best and most appropriate way of working with you and cater for your individual needs.
How to contact me:
I have a practice in Finchley Central (N3) and in Queens Park (NW6), both located within a short walk of the tube stations.
On your initial consultation we talk about what you would like to gain from therapy and assess how you would like us to work together.
If you have questions, please email me, and I shall get back to you within 24 hours.
Training, qualifications & experience
- UKCP, Accredited Member of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy
- MBACP, Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- MA Counselling and Psychotherapy, Middlesex University
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy, The Minster Centre, London
- Degree in Naturopathy from The Israeli College of Natural Health Sciences
In addition to my private practice I currently volunteer as a therapist at the Bereavement Centre in Camden. I also hold a post as a therapist at Chai Cancer Care, a Jewish charity that treats cancer patients and their families. Previously I have worked as a therapist at a women’s services in Camden. I also have extensive experience working within the NHS IAPT (improving access to psychological therapies) and in a private GP surgery both with diverse client groups.
As part of my continuing professional development I regularly participate in further training, seminars and workshops. I have regular clinical supervision for my work.
As a registered member of the BACP and an accredited member of the UKCP I abide by their codes of ethics.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
My fees are £60 per 50 minute session or assessment in evenings and £50 during the day. Couples are £70 per 50 minute session. Please enquire if you have special circumstances.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Evenings as well as daytime
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|