24 Liverpool Gardens
Engaging in Counselling can be an extremely effective experience.
Self awareness through counselling can be very empowering, and contribute to gaining the extra strength you may need to make the changes you may be searching for.
I invite clients to a safe, warm, confidential and non-judgemental place to talk things through and make sense of their difficulties. Listening with a non-judgmental approach can hugely help clients to clear their confusion and make sense of how they feel and what they want to do about it.
How I work:
My work involves looking at how we learnt to function and grow as individuals in the past, which hugely helps inform our present feelings and behaviour, with the view to moving on with our lives in a more helpful, happier and positive way. I work helping clients to identify their personal challenges & fears, their unique patterns of functioning/behaving. This style of counselling supports exploring together any limiting beliefs that may be responsible for holding you back and sabotaging your future potential.
I chose to train as an integrative counsellor, studying many modalities of therapy , because we are all different and "one size does not fit all".
For me this means I am able to value and work in a way that best suits all of my clients unique ways of being.
Below are some of the areas of expertise that I work along side clients with.
- Understanding how you feel about yourself
- Strengthening your sense of self and self worth
- Body Image
- Identifying and improving troublesome relationships. Understanding your repeated patterns in relationships that may be limiting your happiness
- Cultivating loving and trusting relationships
3. Work related issues:
- How to confidently be seen and heard.
- Working through to find out if you are where you want to be.
- How you can show your potential and gain stronger job satisfaction
4.Stress & Anxiety:
- Managing and learning to control your anxiety, rather than it managing you.
- Be able to take control of overwhelming feelings and thoughts so they don't sabotage your day and life.
- To grow in confidence as a parent and/or step parent.
- Understand your family as they grow from toddlers to teens.
- Learn discipline and boundary structures to encourage a more stable family relationship.
Training, qualifications & experience
BACP Adv. Dip Integrative Psychotherapy & Counselling
BACP registered Psychotherapeutic Counsellor & Personal Development Coach
- Master Neuro Linguistic Practitioner and Life Coach
- Diploma Emotional Support in Schools, Coaching parents and children around various bullying and self esteem issues
- Cognitive Behaviour certificate
- Gestalt Training
- Certificate in Solution Focus training CPD Mindfulness, The Brain and Therapy
- CPD Suicide Alertness
- Transactional Analysis 101
- AAMET Training in Emotional Freedom Techniques
- Human Resource Manager 15 years
- Professional interviewing techniques
- YMCA Mentoring and Coaching young adults
- Psychotherapist for Carers West Sussex.
- Trained Psychotherapeutic Assessor
- Drug and Alcohol Addiction Awareness
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Jungian therapy
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytic therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
Please email, text or call me and we can discuss your availability and book in an initial session.
Initial session fee £45.00
At that session we can explore what you want to achieve. Follow on sessions can be arranged at that time at a fee of £45.00. payable via on line banking, cheque or cash.
All sessions are 1 hour.
For 3 years I volunteered with Carers West Sussex as a Therapeutic Counsellor and Assessor. Caring for someone with emotional/physical disadvantages can be an emotional rollercoaster, feelings of isolation, guilt, loss and sadness are some of the issues that were worked through between myself and clients during this time.
I have experience mentoring young adults within the YMCA community and vulnerable families within the West Sussex area. I also have experience working with people from all walks of life who have or are experiencing addictions to drugs and alcohol.
Much of my work is about supporting clients who are struggling to make healthy and happy attachments during relationships, or clients that are finding difficulty leaving toxic relationships. Understanding your own unique internal programs that are running and maybe need updating can be key to personal successful change.
I am also a member on Life Coaching Directory which advertise my knowledge and skills in helping people gain stratergies for the change they want.
- Also registered with Life Coach Directory
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Worthing: Monday 10am-7pm; Thursday 10am-7pm; Friday 2pm-6pm Slinfold: Wednesday 10.30am-7pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|