Shane Collings BA Hons: Dip: Adv Dip: MBACP
The prospect of talking to a stranger about your problems in living can be quite daunting. However this could be a turning point in your life. During your sessions we will together explore your issues in depth, making meaning of difficult feelings and patterns and how it may be a call for change and transformation.
As an Integrative Psychotherapist, I use Existential & Psychodynamic principles, incorporating Mindfulness, Compassion Focused Therapy and many other creative therapies in my work.
Counselling & Psychotherapy may be able to help if you are
- Not feeling good about life at the moment and you don't understand why
- Suffering from stress, anxiety, panic attacks, depression or finding it hard to cope
- Having difficulties within personal or family relationships
- Having problems adjusting to change
- Facing a problem that is hard to talk about or resolve
- Experiencing any kind of loss, bereavement or trauma
I provide a confidential, safe, non judgemental space to explore what may be contributing to your current difficulties providing you with an opportunity to gain another perspective and explore other options and ways of managing your issues.
I am able to assist with relationship issues, anxiety, depression, anger, self esteem, disappointment, confusion, sex related issues, trauma, and bereavement.
I also have specific experience of working with artistic people who are experiencing a 'creative block'. Clients may perceive a lapse of creativity as a detriment to their creative careers, as well as their sense of self. Creativity is the life force of the creative person, therefore lack of it can greatly affect the client's mental, spiritual, and emotional state. Psychotherapy & Counselling can offer a safe place to freely explore one's concerns and feelings around not producing.
I am a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP).
Training, qualifications & experience
After studying Philosophy and Cultural Studies fifteen years ago it occurred to me early in my learning that Philosophy had much to offer us all in thinking about what life means for us moreover how useful it could be to us when we experience difficulties.
I qualified as a Integrative Counsellor/Psychotherapist four years ago and place at the heart of my approach Existential Philosophy combined with acceptance and compassion for one self. I believe that a productive therapeutic relationship must always contain the four key elements of comfort, clarification, encouragement and solidarity.
I have been in 'private practice' for four years and in that time have worked with a large variety of clients with different issues such as depression, anxiety, bi-polar disorder, various personality disorders, hearing voices and attachment related issues.
I also work full time for City & Hackney Mind in a variety of roles. I am currently the Assistant Clinical Lead of City & Hackney Mind's Day Centre as well as the Lead on various 'gang' projects in Hackney & Waltham Forest - providing emotional support to young people (13-25)
- Advanced Diploma In Humanistic Integrative Counselling
- Diploma In Humanistic Integrative Counselling
- Certificate In Humanistic Integrative Counselling
- Certificate in Existential Counselling and Psychotherapy
- BA (Hons) Philosophy and Cultural Studies
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy for depression (IPT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (Accredited Trainer of Groups)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Motivational Interviewing
- Hearing Voices and Paranoia/Beliefs Group Facilitation
- Mentalisation Based Treatment
- Adolescent Mentalization Based Integrative Treatment
- C.B.T (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy)
- Anxiety and Anger
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
The initial consultation fee is fixed at £45. The ongoing fee ranges from £50-£70 per session. Students/unemployed/low income £40 per session.Evening and weekend appointments are available as well as early morning appointments (0800). Sessions will last for 50 minutes, and we would usually meet once a week..
Please contact me via phone 07957 555766 or e-mail email@example.com to discuss your requirements or ask any questions you may have.
The practice premesis is based at the Psychosynthesis & Education Trust, 92-94 Tooley Street SE1 2TH
I am committed to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in Counselling and Psychotherapy. I abide by the Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) which means I work confidentially and have the highest respect for your emotional well-being.
Please feel free to e-mail me via the website if you have any specific questions regarding counselling.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon-Fri 0800-0900 & 1830-2130, Saturday 0900-1300
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|