Sebastian Gaete MA Cantab, PGDip, MBACP
I offer long or short term counselling for a wide range of issues from a holistic, integrative perspective. I offer reduced fees for low income clients.
My aim is to create the best conditions for your own exploration and discovery through genuine empathy and understanding and practical and creative interventions. Please see my website for more details.
I am experienced in short term solution-focused therapy through my NHS work at Barton House General Practice in Stoke Newington. I also have experience with long term bereavement issues from my work at CARIS Islington and presently work with both long and short term clients with a wide range of other issues at my private practices in London and Nottingham.
Training, qualifications & experience
MA in English Literature at Cambridge University.
PGCE at The Institute of Education.
Essentials in Psychosynthesis at Psychosynthesis and Education Trust.
PG Dip. in Psychosynthesis Counselling at the University of East London/ Psychosynthesis and Education Trust.
BACP Certificate of Proficiency.
Counsellor at Barton House NHS Group Practice in Stoke Newington.
Bereavement Counsellor with CARIS Islington.
Private Counselling Practice in Islington and Dalston.
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) and adhere to their Code of Ethics and Good Practice.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work related stress
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
- Psychodynamic therapy
My fees are £50 for evening sessions and £45 for daytime sessions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client