Sarah Lelic (MA Hons, PGDip, Reg MBACP)
Hove Therapy Rooms
69 Church Road
Brighton Therapy Practice
9A Princes Street
Hello, my name is Sarah Lelic and I am a fully qualified BACP-registered humanistic psychotherapeutic counsellor. I work from modern, comfortable rooms located centrally in both Brighton and Hove.
I believe counselling can be beneficial for us all. Maybe you are struggling with a particular problem such as anxiety, depression, bereavement, addictions or suicidal thoughts, or more generally you feel you have lost your way in life or your relationships. Perhaps you are stuck and cannot see a way forward, or are having difficulties deciding which path to take in order to move on with your life.
Often the simple act of sharing your story with a supportive and non-judgemental therapist can be an incredibly healing experience, and one from which new clarity and opportunities can emerge.
Counselling can provide a dedicated time and space for you to be completely yourself and the time is yours to use in whatever way you feel beneficial. I will not tell you what to do, but will instead provide a safe and confidential space to allow you to explore your feelings and difficulties.
The aim of humanistic counselling is to bring awareness to unhelpful thoughts or patterns of behaviour and to build resilience, acceptance and responsibility for self, which may help in creating a more fulfilling and authentic way of life.
I work in a holistic manner and believe it is important to understand each individual in the light of their own personal context and experiences. I avoid restrictive models that impose labels on human behaviour and instead hope to work alongside you to enable you to reflect and better understand the meaning you have made of your experiences and your relationships.
As a registered member of the BACP I adhere to the BACP’s Ethical Framework for Counselling Professionals. I am also fully insured.
I offer a reduced rate for trainee counsellors.
Please do get in touch
Reaching out for help takes a huge amount of courage and is often something we feel ambivalent about. Whether or not you are sure counselling is for you, do please contact me by email, text or phone and we can arrange a free 50-minute initial consultation where we can chat about your hopes for the counselling process. There is absolutely no obligation to return, but if we feel we would like to work together, we can then make a more formal arrangement to meet on a weekly basis.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post-graduate Diploma in Humanistic psychotherapeutic Counselling – University of Brighton
- Pre-postgraduate certificate in counselling skills and the therapeutic alliance – University of Brighton
- Masters of Arts (History) – University of Exeter
- Existential phenomenology – University of Brighton
- Gestalt – University of Brighton
- Focusing – Greg Madison
- Brief Therapy – University of Brighton
- Transactional Analysis - University of Brighton
- Systemics – University of Brighton
- I have experience providing counselling in both the charity and low-cost sectors as well as working in private practice.
- In my previous career I worked in a fast-paced business environment, so have a strong understanding of the stresses of the modern workplace.
- I have worked as a team leader and have experience of managing, mentoring and supporting people in a wide range of settings.
- I am currently studying for a Masters of Science in Psychotherapy at the University of Brighton.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Postnatal depression
£45 per hour with some lower cost slots for students or those on a reduced income.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|