01902 734090 / 07769655013
If you are seeking counselling because you are distressed, you are unlikely to want to read a lot of information. So here is my introduction in a couple of sentences:
* I am a qualified and experienced counsellor who will accept you as you are and work with you on the issues you are facing.
* I will use a range of approaches depending on your needs, but if, for any reason, I can not assist you in this process, I will seek to sign post you to people or organisations who may be able to help.
If you want to know more, then please see information below.
Whatever challenge you are facing, counselling has the potential to help you. I am an experienced Integrative counsellor with an easy and approachable manner. An accredited Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP). I am registered on the United Kingdom Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists. I offer one to one sessions and can work on a short or long term basis depending on your needs; some people require only one or two sessions whilst others may require more sessions.
I have a broad experience of working with people from different backgrounds, belief systems, faith and spirituality. I have a particular personal interests in issues related to stress, depression and anxiety as I have had personal experience of such challenges. I adhere to the BACP ethical framework of good practice and offer a high standard of professional therapeutic care.
I practice Mindfulness on a daily basis and find this has greatly enhanced my work as a therapist. My passion is to give people a setting and a quality of attentive professional relationship which will enable them to understand themselves and take steps toward establishing the chances they wish for themselves.
You will want to know about some of the benefits of therapy:
* Gain support whilst dealing with crises
* Work towards a resolution of long standing problems
* Gain self-awareness and learn how to manage anxiety and depression
* Addresses issues relating to self, friends, family or work.
* Changes current unhelpful behaviours and thoughts
* Increases self-confidence
My Work experience:
- GP surgery – a cross section of patients from the community presenting with a variety of issues
- Solution Focused Counselling Organisation - counselling teachers
- University - counselling students
- Cruse Bereavement Care
- Mindfulness Groups for University staff - promoting personal development and well- being
- The main focus of my last 35 years has been in facilitating individuals and groups to encounter and grow through emotional, psychological and spiritual challenges.
How I work:
- Person Centred Approach whilst integrating techniques from other approaches
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (a type of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Mindful Based Cognitive Therapy (Mindful Based Stress Reduction)
Counselling will offer:
- New perspectives on your life
- A non-judgmental confidential space
- An understanding, openness and trustful relationship
- Convenient appointments in a safe home setting
Training, qualifications & experience
* Certificate in Person Centred Therapy
* Certificate in Solution Focussed Therapy
* Diploma in Integrative Counselling (Leeds)
* Masters of Science in Counselling Psychotherapy (Staffordshire University)
* I am a qualified Cruse Bereavement Counsellor
* I have had thirty years of pastoral care experience which has given me an opportunity of working with a variety of people facing many different life experiences.
* As an accredited member of the BACP I commit to 30 hours of Continual Professional Development each year thereby increasing my competency as a counsellor.
* I am currently studying on a Professional Doctorate in Health and Well-being at Wolverhampton University.
Three testimonials from clients:
I wish to thank you so much for your help over the last twelve months since losing my partner. There is no greater pain in this world than losing a person that you dearly love. I could see no future in living in this world and thought only of suicide, however, with your help I managed to regain a purpose in life. Now I can treasure the good memories of Carol and not the sad times. I can now go through life knowing that she is with me constantly and I thank you so much again for helping me to understand and control the heavy burden of bereavement. Many Thanks.
(It has been over two years since I worked with Len. He contacted me recently to say, "thank you, for kick-starting my life. I now have a new partner and we can support each other through the hard times".)
I knew I had problems (depression), but I was very uncomfortable to share it with others. No matter how hard it is, I would prefer to pretend that I'm fine. I didn't believe that anyone on this earth has solutions to my problems, or could possibly understand my feelings, or my English (not my first language).
When I first see Sarah, she didn't look like a counsellor to me. She smiled and talked gently. I didn't feel like talking to a counsellor. I could not even feel the culture and age difference. Instead it felt like having a conversation with an old friend. She didn't PUSH me to tell her everything. She didn't ANALYSE me. She didn't rush to a CONCLUSION. After several sessions, I could hear my own words more and more clear, as well as my thoughts. Then, I gradually figured out my own solutions. The feeling that she was always there helped me walk through the darkness.
Counselling has helped me to move on with my life. I was able to de-clutter my mind of years of grief and now face each new day positively. Thank you Sarah.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
Sessions are for 1 hour, usually on a weekly basis. I can be flexible and will work with you to find a mutual time when we can meet.
Standard fee - £35
Students - £25
Concessional rate for unemployed people
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to have further information.
Please contact me on the mobile or landline. Feel free to leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as is possible.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||I have lived in another culture for six years; Bolivia, South America and can speak Spanish|
Monday to Friday evenings. Monday and Tuesday day-time and evenings. Saturday appointments available on request.
Types of client