Sara Warner MBACP
Professional, focused, safe, and confidential counselling attuned to your needs. I am an experienced, BACP registered, counsellor with a private practice in Lewes offering therapy for adults and teenagers. I work at Intrinsic Health in the centre of Lewes and from my therapy room at home. I also work as an NHS Health coach.
Most people come to see me at a time of crisis or “stuck - ness” and I see these moments in life as opportunities for growth and transformation. Sometimes this may result in a client wanting to make changes in their life and at other times space to talk, a different perspective, or different coping strategies are all that they need. I trained as a counsellor after having had a very positive experience of counselling at a difficult time in my life and it is this experience that I wish to give my clients.
I provide a calm, caring, safe, and supportive space in which you can explore what is working and what is not, and process difficult feelings in a manageable way. I will work collaboratively with you to discover the best way forward for you at a pace which is attuned to your needs. Some clients only need a few sessions and others want to work longer term. I also offer ongoing support by offering fortnightly, monthly or occasional top up sessions.
Issues I have helped my clients with include:
- anxiety, depression, stress and, self-blame
- issues around relationships including divorce
- past sexual trauma, psychological, and physical abuse
- low self-confidence and negative life events
- feeling stuck
- self harm
- eating disorders
- borderline personality disorder
- trauma and childhood abuse
- boarding school issues
- work-related issues
I work as an integrative counsellor which means I am trained in a number of different methods including Person centred, Gestalt, Transactional Analysis and Mindfulness that are proven to be effective. Although I am not a CBT therapist I do use CBT techniques for some issues.
I am passionate about my work and know from both experience and research that counselling can be beneficial to anyone at any stage of life. Many of my clients have said that they wish they had had the benefit of counselling years before.
I also work as an NHS Health Coach and teach yoga and am on the professional register of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I am always happy to have a brief initial conversation on the telephone or answer any questions by email. All calls and messages are confidential.
For more information about me, my practice, and the counselling process please see my website - there is a link at the top right of this page. I also have a Facebook page (Sara Warner Counselling and Therapy Lewes) with links to useful resources.
"She was always respectful and provided a warm atmosphere so that I felt at ease."
"Made me feel more confident about myself with the ability to voice how I feel."
"She "got" me and because of this I feel the counselling was extremely successful."
"Lead me to repair, restore and enjoy my world."
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am a Registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) and hold a BACP postgraduate Diploma in Counselling.
- I have been working as a counsellor for over 5 years and having worked as a solicitor and run a business bring a wide experience of life to my practice as well as a realistic approach.
- I support my practice through regular supervision and training and development.I have recently attended training in Neurolinguistic Programming for Counsellors (2017) and Working with Shame (Brighton therapy Partnership 2017).
- I have many years of experience and training in working with the body and the breath, meditation, and mindfulness having qualified as a yoga teacher in 2005.
I have completed Adult and Child Safeguarding training with CRI (2014) and additional child Safeguarding training with Dialogue (2015), suicide prevention training with ASIST (2015), working with men's issues with Psychotherapy Excellence (2015) and specialist trauma training at Wealden college (2013-4) , Summerhayes Counselling (2012) and Psychotherapy Excellence (2016). I have also undertaken training in working with sexual violence and domestic abuse (Summerhayes 2013 and BACP 2016), working with alcohol dependent clients and their significant others with Action for Change (2012) and CRI (2014) and have a TA (Transactional Analysis) 101 Certificate (2012).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
I charge £45 for a 50 minute session and have a few spaces available at a reduced fee for Counselling Diploma students or those who unable to pay the full fee.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client