Sara Pomfret MBACP (Accred.) PG.Dip, Dip.Couns, BSc (Hons), Cert Ed.
01253 730539 / 07894 741150
I am a member of BACP and have achieved BACP Accreditation as Counsellor and Psychotherapist. I currently work part time as a Counsellor within NHS IAPT Service. I also have a private practice where I work from with bases in Lytham St Annes (FY8) and Blackpool (FY3).
I work with a wide range of issues to help individuals to identify and access their own inner resources to help them work through difficulties in their life. My experience includes working with a range of presenting problems including: loss, addiction, childhood issues, anxiety, low self esteem and confidence, difficulties at work and LGBT issues. In my practice I integrate a range of iterventions to help people to better understand themselves, develop healthy coping strategies and build internal resilience to gradually overcome the difficult experiences they have. I also work for several EAPs (Employment Assistance Programmes) where I offer short term therapy.
As a Counsellor I offer warmth, empathy and genuineness to support building a solid and trusting therapeutic relationship with my all my clients. Since everybody is different and unique, each one of us has our own solutions and resources within ourselves. By exploring your own experiences with you in a Person Centred way, I have undertaken further Evidence Based training including; CBT, Solution Focussed Interventions, Mindfulness and Creative Techniques to help you identify better ways of relating in relationships with others, and work towards understanding yourself better so that you can make the choices to live the life you want to lead. Please feel free to contact me for further information.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have extensive experience working as a Counsellor. My initial training placement was within a local GP practice. After completing my training I managed a counselling service within Substance Misuse services for several years in Blackpool. Over the years I have gained experience supervising and teaching across a range of Professional Counselling training courses (CPCAB).
Currently I work part -time as a Counsellor within the NHS Improving access to Psychological therapies Service (IAPT), working with people with a range of mental health issues. I also manage my own Counselling and Supervision practice. I have received additional extensive training to work online or via telephone.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy and Counselling (University of Central Lancs., UCLAN). 2012 - 2016
- CBT Interventions (Level 7) 30 Credits. (University of Bolton) 2017
- Certificate in Person Centred Expressive Arts - (Dinah Brown, Kendal). 2016-2017
- Cert. in Hypnotherapy and Life Coaching (Manchester College of Coaching and Hypnosis) 2016
- Certified Cyber Facilitator for Counselling Online (Online Therapy Institute). 2016
- Training and Supervision of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (University of Strathclyde). 2015
- Professional Counselling Diploma Training (Warrington Collegiate). 2009- 2011
- Counselling Level 2 and Level 3 (NCFE) Salsa Training, Bolton. 2008
- Psychology BSc Hons. (BPS accredited: 2:1). University of Bolton. 2007-2010
- Certificate in Education. UCLAN. 2005-2006
- Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care. Lancashire Adult College. 2013
ADDITIONAL CPD TRAINING
Certificate in Solution Focussed Brief Interventions (SFBI)
Certificate in Working with Children and Adolescents
Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) 8 week course
ASSIST Suicide Training (2 days)
Six step model (End of life ) Trinity Hospice
Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) for Depression. Lancashire Mindfulness (2017)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have extensive experience working with individuals with Learning Difficulties and use appropriate creative techniques to work therapeutically with this client group.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Photos & videos
Face to face Online, Telephone Counselling £40 per session (concessions rate £30-£35 for students/low income).
Email £25 per email £100 for 4 emails.
- I am able to offer Counselling for home visits (there will be an extra charge for mileage and travel time).
Individual Supervision £40 per hour. I do offer lower rates for students, please contact me for information regarding this.
There is an extra £15 ph charge for group supervision due to administration costs.
As part of my practice I am committed to the following:
- Accredited member of British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP). Membership number 631955
- A member of BACP Register for Counsellors and Psychotherapies. Membership number 082858
- Undertaken specialist training to deliver online therapy (BACP Endorsed Certified Cyber Facilitator).
- Undertaken BACP endorsed Supervision Training
- Hold full Professional Indemnity Insurance for my practice and registered with DBS Update Barring Service with Enhanced Subscription
- Access Clinical supervision for my work for a minimum of 90 mins pcm and also monthly Peer Supervision with other qualified professional counsellors for a minimum of 90 pcm.
- Committed to On-going Continued Professional Development (CPD)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have some morning afternoon and evening appointments and some limited availability on the weekend. Please contact me with your preferred times.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
As a supervisor I aim to provide a non-directive and reflective therapeutic space, in which the meaning of client material, supervisee feelings and responses, and parallel processes can be thoughtfully explored.View supervision profile