Sara Llewellyn MSc, PG Dip Couns Psyc, Adv Dip Hyp, MBACP Registered member
Stoke On Trent
07707 240 895
Hi I'm Sara, Counsellor and Hypnotherapist at Love2Live Therapies.
Counselling and Hypnotherapy
Here is some information about what I can offer to help you, if you have any questions or need any further information please feel free to phone or email me you can even book an introductory reduced fee session choosing either counselling room or a kitchen cuppa session (for those who prefer a more informal confidential environment) where we can meet and explore your needs and how I might best help you.
I know how important it is for your therapy to fit around your work, childcare and life commitments so I keep a flexible diary, you choose when and how often to have an appointment. If you would like to book an appointment for the same day and time each week I will protect that time for you in my diary.
I am an experienced and qualified counsellor and clinical hypnotist, with extensive university training. I attained my MSc in Counselling Psychology at Keele University and then continued my research to train as a Clinical Hypnotist at Stafford University as my research found that hypnosis can be very beneficial to some people when offered within a counselling relationship. I'm a registered member of BACP (to check the register go to; www.bacpregister.org.uk) and I am also a member of BSCAH (the British Society of Clinical and Academic Hypnosis).
My aim is to help and support you with your aim...
To do this I can offer a variety of therapies to suit your individual needs including;
- Person Centered Counselling - a 'being' therapy
- Hypnotherapy - both 'being' and 'doing' therapy
- Creative therapy - a very effective way of working with issues using art materials and resources (its challenging, rewarding and very therapeutic - a great way to work client's tell me its uplifting and moving and surprisingly helpful, less talking but great therapy)
Counselling - is a 'being' therapy
My aim as a therapist is to be with you and to offer you a time and a safe place to be you
where you can explore issues which may feel too worrying or confusing to explore alone.
This talking therapy offers an opportunity for you to gain understanding about yourself and your situation in a confidential, safe, comfortable, calm environment and in a way that is useful to you.
Together we will work towards the aim you have set for the therapy,
Person Centered counselling is a humanistic therapy,
we are all humans but are all individuals with different needs
Some clients have expressed a preference for booking 1.5 hour counselling sessions on a regular basis in response to these requests I now also offer this option. Clients feedback is that this is a helpful option particularly when they want to fast track the counselling.
I value client feedback - it helps us to fine tune the relationship working more effectively to reach your goal.
We may decide as part of your counselling to integrate additional styles or creative techniques for example:
- CBT style including worksheets and questionnaires
- Nature therapy - using natural elements of nature eg stones, to inspire, relax and reflect.
- Walk and talk - one to one enjoying walking together, observing nature and the outdoors, following the seasons, and reflecting on the journey. A very adaptable session outside of the counselling room, to meet your needs. This also links very well with nature therapy, the next new monthly group workshop will begin in November, to register your interest for this group and to apply for an application form please email me as soon as possible as places are very limited for this course.
- Emotional drawings - useful when words are not enough, a way to express complex emotions.
This is a very different way of working to traditional talking therapy. Its unusual and fun!. You will be guided by myself in a gentle way using art materials to express deeply important emotions and explore them sensitively, learning how to engage with the creative process therapeutically in a safe and calm environment. Its an enlightening journey. These sessions are £5 more expensive than the talking therapy for a regular session, and includes basic materials.
Creative workshops are a great way to become introduced to this and work out more cost effective if you are interested in the next workshop please let me know. The workshops are group sessions focussed on a theme ie relaxation or taster sessions.
Creative Therapy can be a very powerful way to work through your issues in a fun and sometimes quite humorous way.
Hypnotherapy - supporting you by both 'being' and 'doing'
I have found that hypnotherapy can be very supportive alongside counselling as it can offer a time of ...
time out from the stresses and pressures of life
Feedback from hypnotherapy clients has indicated that clients prefer the hypnotic suggestions to be given during a relaxing visualisation which can help both energise and calm as well as produce a hypnotic outcome for the client.
Free personalised MP3 recording - for your own personal use (as directed).
Client feedback has shown it is helpful to have their own personalised hypnosis script recording. As part of our first session we shall design and use a personalised safe place script for you which, if practised as instructed, can help you develop your self hypnosis skills and will enhance the benefits of subsequent sessions together as well as developing your own individual skills to calm and relax. Clients feedback shows this enhances their self hypnosis skills and is a useful life tool for them to have readily available in times of stress.
Feedback from hypnotherapy clients........
- "I never thought it was possible, I wouldn't have believed it I can't thank you enough...."
- "I felt so energised afterwards, well all week really...."
- "I feel more in control...more able to cope with it..."
- "I should have done this years ago....its completely changed my life"
Its not just relaxation and confidence boosting!........ hypnosis can be helpful in many other ways here are a few examples;
- Safe place anchor technique this is a prerequisite to hypnosis and is therefore included in the first assessment session - after this session you will be able to use this technique yourself to help reduce anxiety when in an anxious situation.
- Pain management - You will learn and develop techniques to reduce physical and emotional pain.
- Rewind technique - this technique is extremely effective. It is a stand alone session at which you do not have to share details of the event which is causing your PTSD with me unless you feel it would be useful to you. Following my instruction this technique will help you change the way in which you feel about a troublesome event/traumatic experience so that you can remember the event without becoming re-traumatised by it. Usually only one hypno session is required though a follow up counselling session a fortnight later may also be useful.
Hypnosis can enhance whole person healing but I offer it as 'hypnotherapy' that means part of the session will be counselling and part will be hypnosis.
When we meet we identify which hypnosis technique may be useful for your particular need and personality type then (between sessions) I write a personalised dedicated script for you ready to use with you at your next appointment. Hypnotherapy sessions are payable at the time of booking .
I have been asked ......
How many sessions will I need?
There is no fixed number; you as the client will choose how many to have and when you may need them. Sometimes clients swap between counselling and hypnotherapy sessions and may come to see me on a weekly, monthly or bi-monthly basis. Continuity is important for your therapeutic process but often for reasons beyond our control for example your childcare needs or work pattern, its not possible for us to meet at the same time each week therefore we can plan the sessions around your needs and lifestyle, ultimately it's whatever works best for you, and you are the best judge of that.
I can't leave my home how do I access your therapy?
If you are unable to travel to me for your chosen therapy it may be possible to meet in your own home.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have worked with children in Primary education specialising in Social and Emotional development before I decided to take my training further and offer counselling to adults. I trained at Keele University in Counselling Psychology attaining;
- MSc - Counselling Psychology
- PG Dip - Counselling Psychology
- Certificate - Counselling
My MSc Research focussed on mind and body communications and how we can use our own innate skills to help ourselves both emotionally and physically. I continued my research with the British Society of Clinical and Academic Hypnosis (BSCAH) where I learned how to use clinical hypnosis to help my clients with a variety of techniques and strategies. I achieved the;
- Advanced University Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis and Stress Management - with Staffordshire University
I then extended my training and have now completed my Level 1 PC Expressive Arts Therapy training
- Level 1 PCEAT March 2016
Over the next two years I am training in Advanced PCEAT which means I can offer a much wider variety of creative sessions and workshops to those I already offer
- Private Practice
- Primary education - social and emotional development using the CBT based SEAL programme
- One to one work with families displaced through war
- Family Support Services
I have trained in other specialist areas including;
- domestic violence
- anger management
- childhood sexual abuse
I continue to train using workshops and weekend training and continue to have links with Keele University as an Alumni supporting students.
2015/16 training; Further creative therapy, Solution Focused Brief Therapy, Person Centered Expressive Arts Therapy; Introduction and Level 1 training (Advanced training 2016), Shamanism, Hypnotherapy research training days.
Advanced PCEAT, Shamanic training, hypnotherapy research days,
Training requirements over the next 24 months mean I am unfortunately unavailable for appointments on most Friday afternoons.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic violence
- Low self-confidence
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I work with many areas of life not listed above please contact me for further information.
I work on a sessional basis.
1 hour - reduced price £20
Counselling one to one £40 per 1 hour session
couples £50 per 1 hour session
Regular creative therapy session one to one - £45
One to one workshop session £150 per day (including materials)
Group workshop session £60 per person per day (including materials)
Hypnotherapy - From £60 per hour
A limited number of concessionary places are available - please discuss before making an appointment
Relaxation Hypnotherapy Session - (1 1/2 hour including arrival and departure) please enquire for prices, dependent on size of group.
Creative Therapy and Person Centered Expressive Arts Therapy sessions
Session time and price are negotiated between us dependent on the type of session required.
Group session up to 5 places available
Please note evening appointments after 5pm have an additional cost of £5. If you have any queries or would like any further information please feel free to contact me.
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) working within their ethical framework. I have supervised practice, I am DBS checked and insured.
I am also a member of the British Society for Clinical and Academic Hypnosis.
I am on the BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists which is accredited by the Department of Health and approved by The Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care. I take referrals for clients with health care insurance and can invoice the insurers directly (subject to agreement with the health care insurers) if required.
I keep a flexible appointment diary; however if you would like to be seen at the same time each week we can arrange that also.
If you would like to ask me any questions or need further information please feel free to contact me by phone or email. Please note I endeavor to respond to all enquiries, if you haven't received a response from me within 24 hours please check your spam box or let me know
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Friday 9.30am - 9pm. I currently have limited evening availability.
Types of client