Sandra A Weir, BA (Hons), PGDip, Registered MBACP Counsellor
01904 707217 / 07704 172760
The Way I Work
As an intersubjective counsellor, I believe the key to successful counselling is a co-creation of the therapeutic relationship between counsellor and client.
Our work together will progress through three stages:
Initial Stage: This involves building the counselling relationship through discussing the following issues:
- An assessment of your reasons for coming to counselling and what you would like to gain from it
- An introduction to what the counselling relationship would entail
- An discussion and agreement about how we would work together
Your Counselling Journey: Therapy sessions are scheduled according to your needs in my counselling room, which provides a quiet, comfortable and confidential environment, where we can work together in a way that you feel understood and respected.
Our ongoing discussions will continue to deepen our counselling relationship. We will summarise at the end of each session to ensure that your counselling requirements are being met.
Final Stage: As counselling progresses we will agree to draw the sessions to a satisfactory close and discuss a series of counselling tools that may help you in the future.
Training, qualifications & experience
I offer talking therapy. I am qualified in Psychotherapy and Counselling to Postgraduate Diploma level from the University of Leeds in Intersubjectivity. I work relationally and draw on Attachment Theory.
I also hold a diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and have a Mindfulness qualification.
I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) and work within their ethical framework.
Current Counselling Roles:
- Counsellor at Selby College working with young adults in further and higher education.
- Private counselling practice specialising in workplace stress. anxiety and panic attacks ,relationship problems and bereavement.
- Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP) working particularly with work place stress but also with any other issue that arises.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Fees are £40 per hourly session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments are flexible to meet your requirements
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|