Sandra A Weir, BA (Hons), PGDip, Registered MBACP Counsellor
01904707217 / 07704172760
In my private practice, the main areas I work in are:
Depression, Stress and Anxiety, Relationship Issues and Bereavement.
Employee Assistance Programmes
The Way I Work
As an intersubjective counsellor, I believe the key to successful counselling is a co-creation of the therapeutic relationship between counsellor and client. I work relationally.
Our work together will progress through three stages:
Initial Stage: This involves building the counselling relationship through discussing the following issues:
- An assessment of your reasons for coming to counselling and what you would like to gain from it
- An introduction to what the counselling relationship would entail
- Discussion and agreement about how we could work together
Your Counselling Journey: Therapy sessions take place in a private counselling room, which offers a quiet, comfortable and confidential environment, where we can work together in a way that you feel understood and respected.
Our ongoing discussions will continue to deepen our counselling relationship. We will summarise at the end of each session to ensure that your counselling requirements are being met.
Final Stage: As counselling progresses we will agree to draw the sessions to a satisfactory close and discuss a series of counselling tools that may help you in the future.
I hold an up to date DBS check. I am the Counselling Services Manager at Selby College.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP registered and BACP Certificate of Proficiency in Counselling
- I work within the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling professions
- University of Leeds qualified to Postgraduate Diploma in Psychotherapy and Counselling
- BA (Hons) University of York
- Diplomas in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Mindfulness
- Intersubjective Counsellor (specialising in Attachment Theory and working relationally)
- Committed to Continuing Professional Development
Current Counselling Roles:
- I am the Counselling Service Manager at Selby College.
- I counsel young adults in further and higher education and staff members.
- I have a private counselling practice specialising in:
1. Stress, Depression and Anxiety
3. Relationship Issues
4. Counselling Students 18+ in a wide range of areas
- I work for EAPs (Employee Assistance Programmes) looking particularly at work place stress as well as other issues
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Fees are £40 per hourly session, payable in cash at the time of the session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Afternoon and early evening appointments are now available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Appointments at other times are available on request. Please email to enquire.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|