Sally Rowe BSc, MBACP - Aspire Counselling
I offer a safe, discreet and confidential space where you can begin to explore how you are feeling at the moment. An appointment will usually be offered within a few days of initial inquiry.
Whether you are coming to therapy with a specific issue that is troubling you form the past or present or you would like to address a more general need for emotional support. The first step would be to email or phone so an initial appointment can be arranged where we can meet and begin to discuss your difficulties.
During your first session you will be given the opportunity to explore things at your own pace in a non judgemental environment where we can begin to establish the direction your therapy will take.
My values include confidentiality, approachability and integrity. I aim to enable you to:
- Make informed choices to transform your life.
- Raise self esteem and develop confidence.
- Come to terms with past or present difficulties.
- Tap into your inner strength and creativity.
I offer both short term therapy (6 to 12 sessions) and longer term therapy (12 to 18 months)
- Short term therapy would involve looking at specific issues by using a person centred, CBT informed approach to coping in the here and now where specifically agreed goals can be worked towards to bring about positive change.
- Longer term therapy helps the individual to begin to explore the past and the impact it can have on present difficulties by using a person centred approach with psychodynamic insight with a view to coming to terms with past events and moving forward in the here and now.
I have specific strengths and experience in working with individuals who struggle with reoccurring depression, abuse issues, low self esteem and generalised anxiety disorder.
I also work with Businesses and individuals within the workplace to maximise performance and help staff to manage the challenges of working in a demanding environment by improving mental health and emotional resilience through increasing self awareness, recognising stress triggers and warning signs and building daily maintenance tools into living and working patterns.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Therapeutic Counselling (MBACP)
- Recovery and Social Inclusion (Module)
- Mindfulness 1 to 1 counselling practitioner and group facilitator. Enabling individuals to develop a personal practice to combat stress, improve concentration and overcome reoccurring depression
- Background in NHS primary care counselling
- Experienced recovery practitioner in community mental health team using psycho social intervention such as exploring stress vulnerability, developing coping strategies, exploring alternative thinking and mindful approaches where appropriate
- Certificates awarded in Sexual Abuse, Transactional Analysis, Bereavement Counselling, Addictions and eating Disorders, Depression, Homosexuality, Gestalt Approach to working with anger, Improving Dignity and Respect in Care, Working with Personality Disorder, Group Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Child Protection and Adult Safeguarding
- Extensive experience of In Work Support, managing stress in the workplace for organisations and individuals
- Registered member of BACP and works within Ethical Framework for good practice
- Full professional indemnity and public liability insurance
- Fully CRB checked
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Initial appointment is free to determine if counselling is the right option for you
- Fees £40 per session (50 minute appointment)
- Concessions are available for those on a low income, please contact Aspire for details
- Mindfulness group facilitation, fees available on request
- Free parking available
- Disabled access available
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments available Monday, Tuesday (daytime and evening) and Fridays (am only)
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|