Sally Bunce, M.A.,MBACP (Accred)
My view on 'talking therapy' is not to give advice but to help you understand yourself better and make changes if you wish.... or possibly be more accepting of yourself. Perhaps you've not been able to realise your hopes and dreams. Disappointments and frustrations sometimes feel too much to bear. Talking about your life, your work, your family and close relationships may help to gain a new perspective. People come to therapy for many different reasons - what is important to you is what matters. I can offer once weekly counselling or more intensive longer term psychotherapy 2-3 times per week. I work on an open-ended basis but am happy to agree a fixed number of sessions depending on your situation.
I am an Registered Accredited Counsellor & Psychotherapist and Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy and I comply with their Code of Ethics.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training in Counselling:
Postgraduate Certificate in Contemporary Therapeutic Counselling (University of Hertfordshire)
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (Herts R.I.T.E)
Bereavement Counselling (St Albans and District Bereavement Network)
Training in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
2010-2014 The Guild of Psychotherapists in London (Postgraduate Diploma Level)
Member of The Site for Contemporary Psychoanalysis (Organisational member of UKCP)
Prior to setting up a counselling and psychotherapy practice in Harpenden I was based in Hatfield at the University of Hertfordshire as a tutor for 12 years. Before this I spent over 25 years as a manager in private companies and in the public sector and consider I can especially help clients with difficulties concerning workplace stress, bullying at work, organisational communication difficulties, redundancy and retirement
Current appointments include:
- Course Tutor for Certificate in Counselling Skills, Enfield Counselling Service
- Affiliate for Workplace Options - global organisation specialising in supporting clients experiencing workplace stress and other employment issues
- Visiting Lecturer - Hatfield Campus, University of Hertfordshire.
- Honorary Psychotherapist - for an NHS Trust (2011-2014)
- MA Workshop Leader - WPF Therapy, London. This organisation is one of the largest UK training organisations for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Volunteer Counsellor for Mind in Barnet on their long term psychodynamic service from 2010 to 2012.
- Honorary Psychotherapist for The Guild of Psychotherapists in London 2010-2014.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- MA in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
- MA in Leisure and Tourism Studies
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship issues
- £50 per 50 mins for a once-weekly session
- Fee are negotiable for clients who wish to attend longer term open-ended psychotherapy or attend 2-3 times per week. This is subject to an initial consultation and discussion.
My consulting room is in a private house in Harpenden with parking outside - and is ideal for clients seeking a counsellor only 15 to 20 minutes from Luton, St Albans and Hatfield. You might find it helpful to see a counsellor in complete confidence outside of your home town.
I am also near to Welwyn Garden City . For access from motorways my counselling psychotherapy practice can be reached from Hatfield A1 Junction 3 and from Luton, Hemel Hempstead and Watford as I am only 10 minutes' drive from M1 Junction 9 (Dunstable & Redbourn) or Junction 10 (Luton Airport). The mainline station at Harpenden (First Capital Connect) and Harpenden High Street are both 10-15 minutes' walk away with fast trains from London St Pancras International (30 mins).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Early morning, daytimes and evening appointments available Monday to Thursday.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|