Sally Blackmore Registered MBACP Accredited
We all experience times in our lives that can be hard. To seek counselling is a brave decision and can help with many things such as developing self compassion, making decisions, gaining confidence, understanding ourselves in relationships, healing from past hurts or losses, learning new skills, learning to slow down, bringing about positive changes in life...the list goes on. The counselling relationship is essentially a space to explore anything that is troubling you. I won't offer you advice or tell you what I think you should do. Instead, I will listen carefully and without judgement so that I can understand and help support you to find a way forward with whatever issue you are bringing.
I am an experienced, accredited counsellor offering a friendly, safe and professional counselling service. I am a warm and compassionate person and I provide a non-judgemental and respectful approach to the vast range of issues that clients bring to counselling.
I have 10 years of counselling experience working with a wide range of issues including depression and anxiety, low confidence and self esteem, bereavement, abuse, trauma, problems in relationships and mild / moderate eating disorders.
Counselling is a relational experience and it is therefore very important that you feel comfortable with the counsellor you choose. I offer a free initial half hour consultation to help you decide whether you feel I am the right person for you to work with and whether I feel I can offer you what you need. You are welcome to come along to an initial session with no obligation to continue.
I am a registered and accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I attend monthly supervision in accordance with BACP guidelines. I regularly attend training to meet BACP recommendations for continuing professional development and to ensure I am able to offer a knowledgeable and professional service to clients.
My private counselling practice is in a quiet location close to junction 7 of M27. There is plenty of parking.
I possess a full enhanced DBS check.
If I do not answer the phone when you call, please leave a message and I will call you back as soon as I can.
Thank you for your interest.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited and Registered Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- BACP accredited diploma in Humanistic Counselling based on Transactional Analysis
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (awarded by The Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body – CPCAB)
- Level 2/3 Counselling Skills Certificate
- Rape Crisis in-house training
- Eastleigh Bereavement Service in-house training
- Workshop : Eating Disorders Prevention, Detection and Support (B-eat)
- Workshop : CBT for Eating Disorders
- Certificate in counselling children and youth
- Certificate in counselling skills for children using the arts
Various workshops in topics such as trauma, personality disorder, depression, anxiety, loss, relationship difficulties, attachment, shame, working with troubled young people.
Current: Private practice since 2011
Current: School Counsellor in primary schools since 2014.
Counsellor for Rape Crisis (Southampton)
Bereavement Counsellor for Eastleigh Bereavement Service.
Volunteer Counsellor for Olive Branch Counselling Service (Winchester)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Individuals - £45 per 50 min session payable by cash, cheque or bank transfer.
Free initial half hour session
Insurance/Health company referrals - £50 per session to include report writing.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Thursday daytime and evening
Types of client