Sally Atkinson MSc UKCP Accredited Integrative Counsellor and Psychotherapist
Rutland Counselling Ltd
The Rutland Therapy Centre
40 Melton Road
Counselling and psychotherapy services to young people, adults, couples and families in a safe and confidential environment in the heart of Rutland.
Working to help people improve the quality of the life they lead by helping them to understand what has made them who they are today and how to recognise and break damaging repeating patterns of behaviour in relationships. Working with attachment issues and developmental issues from childhood.
Experienced in working with mental health issues such as depression, bi-polar, anxiety, panic attacks, social phobia, low self esteem. Also chronic health conditions such as diabetes. Terminal illness from diagnosis to end of life work and cancer survivorship.
Training, qualifications & experience
Fully Qualified and UKCP accredited Psychotherapist and Counsellor
MSc in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy.
P.G. Dip Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy.
P.G.Cert Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Counselling skills level 4
TA 101 - Introduction to Transactional Analysis.
Three years experience working in private practice.
Two years experience working with the mental health charity Mind.
Experience of working with cancer patients from diagnosis through to survivorship of palliative care and end of life work.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work related stress
£45 an hour session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments available.
Types of client