Saira Birley - MBACP, BSc (Hons) Psych
01233 646344 / 07846 063895
I am an integrative counsellor combining cognitive and psychodynamic theory with a person-centered approach. I work in Ashford, Kent, providing short and long term counselling working with individuals, children and young people.
In addition to working in private practise, I work for family matters, a charitable organisation based in Gravesend, which specialises in child sexual abuse, rape and sexual violence.
I hold a Diploma in Integrative Counselling and a BSc (Hons) degree in Psychology.
Counselling is a joint venture between two people so it is important you find someone with whom you feel comfortable and safe. Our first session will be an assessment session, to discuss your requirements and decide together if counselling is right for you at this time and more importantly, if we both feel we can work together.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Trauma
- Certificate in Disordered Eating
- Certificate in CATT (Children's Accelerated Trauma Technique)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- The initial session charge is £30. Subsequent sessions are £45 for 50 minutes
- 10% discount is offered on block bookings of 6 sessions
- Concessions available for trainee counsellors at £35
- My working hours are flexible and I can accommodate weekday evening sessions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am Available Monday to Friday. Evening appointments can be accommodated
Types of client