Saidat Khan: BACP Accredited Relationship Psychotherapist
12 Harley Street
07960 161 261
Saidat is a highly qualified Humanistic Integrative Psychotherapist, A Psychosexual and Relationship Therapist and an Addictions Specialist who helps individuals, couples, families and groups gain the psychological awareness to improve health and well-being.
Saidat has a wealth of experience working with people from all walks of life, cultural backgrounds, religion, gender, sex and disabilities during his time providing therapies, commissioning health services and developing primary care GP services within the National Health Service (NHS).
His approach to psychotherapy is immensely influenced by his own eventful and often challenging life experiences; which crucially gives him deeper empathy and insight into people’ problems, past and present, with a greater understanding of why particular behaviors are adopted and used as coping mechanisms.
The theories he embraces are:
Person Centered (a non-directive humanistic approach that deals with the ways in which individuals perceive themselves consciously rather than how a therapist can interpret their unconscious thoughts or ideas).
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) (focuses on how thoughts and perceptions affect the way we feel and behave)
Psychodynamic (sees human functioning as based upon the interaction of drives and forces within us, particularly unconscious ones)
Transactional Analysis (TA) (is a modern psychology that involves a set of practical conceptual tools designed to promote personal growth and change and a method to improve communication).
Gestalt Therapy (sees self-awareness as the key to personal growth and developing full potential focusing on ‘what is happening in the present moment’)
Saidat works with:
Drugs and alcohol misuse recovery treatment packages:
- Preventing relapse and making Interventions - high risks, triggers and cravings, coping strategies
- Addressing and dealing with root cause of trauma
- Dealing with anger
- Motivational Interview - making changes
- Brief Focus Solution Therapy- immediate results
- Psychodynamic and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Bespoke after care recovery/coaching plan on completion of residential rehabilitation
- Abstinence-based programmes (12-Step) or abstinence-based therapeutic recovery.
In addition to the treatment plans, I am also able to support out of hours treatment-based mentoring in sustaining abstinence. This support package can include: one-to-one consultation, guidance and travel assistance to and from abstinence-based 12-step programmes meetings, supporting individuals throughout their recovery journey.
- Communication difficulties
- Lack of intimacy
- Disclosure ofaffairs
- Relationship breakdown
- Unsatisfying relationship patterns
- Inability to sustain lasting relationships
- Not able to keep an erection
- Premature ejaculation (orgasm too soon)
- Delay or inability to ejaculate
- Inhibited sexual desire
- Inability to achieve orgasm
- Inhibited sexual desire
- Vaginismus an unconscious spasm or tightening of the muscles around the vagina stopping penetration
- Dyspareunia (experiencing pain during sexual intercourse)
Sex addiction/compulsive behaviour:
- Do you find it difficult controlling your sexual thoughts and behaviour and as a result forget about what’s important in your life?
- When you sexually act out, does it cause you emotional pain?
- Have you tried on many occasions to stop or control your sexual behaviour but failed time and time again?
- Does your preoccupation of the mind lead to rituals?
- Has your sexual behaviour been a progressive downward spiral and with negative consequences?
Ethnic and cultural integration:
- Family dynamics - influence and effects
- Cultural divide/differences, integrating east and west
- Mixed marriages/relationships
- Arranged marriages
- Sexual identity
- Drugs and alcohol use/misuse
- Community and social pressures
Saidat works with the notion that we are all born with an attachment to a relationship and that we all need relationships for our survival. The client-therapist relationship is the most fundamental part of the therapy that produces positive changes.
Saidat includes goals and targets within his therapeutic model and as a way of measuring the client’s progress and outcomes, will include a direct and challenging approach. He believes that this style of engagement continues to build trust in the relationship and drives the development and improvement of the client’s health and well-being. This style of practice also provides a structure that helps to increase confidence and motivation to make life-changing decisions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- British Association for Counselling Psychotherapy (BACP) accredited Diploma in Clinical Supervision
- Professional Certificate in Treating Sex Addiction (Marylebone Centre)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychosexual Relationship Therapy
- British Association for Counselling Psychotherapy (BACP) accredited advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling (CPPD) – Centre for Personal Professional Development.
- British Association for Counselling Psychotherapy (BACP) accredited Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling (CPPD) – Centre for Personal Professional Development.
- British Association for Counselling Psychotherapy (BACP) accredited Diploma in Psychodynamic Theory in Professional Development (WPF) – Westminster Pastoral Foundation
Saidat safeguards his clients and practice by adhering to the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and College of Sexual and Relationship Therapist (COSRT) Code of Ethics. He has regular supervision with a qualified accredited supervisor.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
Corfton Rd Surgery: Ealing W5 2HS
Individual 50 minute session
Couple's therapy 50 minute session
Central London: 12 Harley Street W1G 9PG
I offer flexible arrangement times after 5 pm weekdays and during the weekend.
All locations are within 5 minutes walk from local underground stations.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime, early evening and weekend appointments available.
Types of client