Sabina Rosdarklin, MA, MACP, Child Psychotherapist & Adult Counsellor
I am a Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist and an adult counsellor in private practice. As a private practitioner I try to contribute to meeting local need for easily accessible, high quality therapeutic services. I offer a private, confidential, psychotherapy service that prioritises prompt consultation, assessment and treatment without delay.
I have over 20 years experience working therapeutically with children, young people and their families in NHS CAMHS settings, in education settings and in children in care independent agencies and charities.
As a psychotherapist I work with children and young people up to the age of 25. I also provide therapeutic support to adults seeking help with family issues, including parents, adoptive parents, foster and kinship carers.
A one-off meeting to talk about difficulties is often a powerful, effective aid to parents, carers and young people; I provide one-off consultations if that is what we agree meets your needs best at present. I work in partnership with parents, carers and young people to understand the issues you bring and to explore together how best to address these, whether in brief or longer-term psychotherapy, or in a different type of therapy. I will refer you to a professional colleague in a related psychological service if that is the more appropriate treatment option.
I respond to initial queries within twenty-four hours and offer a low cost initial consultation within five working days.
Please look at my website www.rosdarklin.co.uk for further information.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have over 20 years experience working therapeutically with children, young people and their families in NHS CAMHS settings, in education settings and in children in care independent agencies and charities.
- I have a Doctoral-level training in clinical Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy at the Tavistock and Portman Institute London and I am accredited with the national register of child & adolescent psychotherapists, ACP
- I have an MA with distinction, Professional Studies in Child & Adolescent Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust & University of East London).
- I have completed the postgraduate Psychoanalytic Observation Studies of infants and children, Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust & University of East London. I work with parents and infants across the range of family and care settings.
- I have completed the Post-qualification Introduction to Forensic psychotherapy (Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust Certificate). I work with children and adolescents who present with complex risk and I consultant to independent care organizations and supervise therapeutic staff who work with young people with concerning behaviors.
- I have gained the British Psychological Society accredited Professional Supervision of Clinicians Certificate. I offer clinical supervision to therapeutic support staff, specialist social workers, play therapists and counsellors.
I have professional training and work experience in the following specialist areas :
- Brief Psychotherapy
- Solution focused psychotherapy
- Dyadic developmental play therapy
- Eating disorders (training provider: Great Ormond St Hospital Eating Disorder Services)
- Working with gender non-conforming young people, LGBT (training provider: GIDS Tavistock& Portman NHS in association with Gendered Intelligence)
- Substance Abuse & Addictions (RAPT)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
I offer a low cost consultation at £35. My fees are £55 upward per session. I also undertake limited reduced fee psychotherapy subject to individual circumstance. Please contact me to discuss.
I work within the ethical frameworks of the professional bodies to which I belong and who maintain standards of professionalism, confidentiality and accountability in the interests of the client. My memberships include:
- ACP, Professionally accredited member of Association of Child Psychotherapists.
- PSA, Professionally accredited member of the Register of the Professional Standards Authority, the national body that regulates professional standards in the health and care public sector, as well as in voluntary and private practice.
- TSP, Member of Tavistock Society of Psychotherapists
- BPC Member of British Psychoanalytic Council
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
In addition to appointments within a 9-5 weekly schedule, I offer weekday early morning and early evening appointments and appointments on Saturdays.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a professionally qualified supervisor with experience of providing supervision to clinicians and professionals in the network of care for young people and adults.View supervision profile