020 7249 7036 / 07886 498 269
• I work with couples in my private practice in North easy London for face-to-face work. I am happy to see you for short or long term work. Generally I offer once weekly sessions but this can vary according to needs, budgets and other constraints.
• I work with individuals, offering Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy. Again my clients come from once to three times weekly for 50 minutes each session. The course of your therapy can be as little as a few weeks or it can last for many years if you think you would benefit from more intensive therapy.
What brings people to therapy?
There is a wide variety of difficulties that my clients bring to sessions. So many things can get in the way of building a satisfactory life, one that includes enjoyable relationships and has value and meaning for you as an individual. On the face of it, what you might want to talk about can seem either too small to mention or too big to bear.
• Present-day problems such as affairs, conflict, sexual difficulties, family dynamics, a situation of estrangement or alienation, difficulties in communication, addiction… (the list goes on) can leave people feeling lost, confused, stuck.
• For other people difficulties such as illness, loss, ageing, in fact all the challenges that accompany life stages can scupper hopes for contentment.
• Past difficulties, from earlier phases of your life and even within the life of the generations before, can affect us in our present life, leaving within us all sorts of feelings such as anger, emptiness, sadness or depression.
Sometimes people feel they know about what is going on for them, but feel unable to get out of the hole, so to speak. For others the situation can feel more opaque. Therapy can help you grow and develop, however young or old you feel. Living more productively with others, as well as with your self, is a realistic aim. Increased insight and confidence, leading to richer relationships and the possibility of fulfilling your goals are only few of the lasting benefits I have experienced and witnessed.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have worked as a therapist for over 25 years, and I still have a very real conviction in the usefulness and value of Psychotherapy.
I trained as a Couple Therapist at London Marriage Guidance, now part of the highly regarded Tavistock Relationships, where I have continued to teach and supervise both students and experienced practitioners for many years.
I also graduated into membership of the Guild of Psychotherapists as an Individual Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist, and I am presently Chair of that organization.
My supervision training was at SAP, and further training was at Tavistock Relationships.
As a founder member of IAPT training for Couple Therapy for Depression, I ran training courses for practitioners throughout the Country.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
My range of fees is between £60.00 and £100.00
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|