Ruth Hocknell FdSc Reg. MBACP (Accred)
I am a qualified and accredited integrative counsellor incorporating theory from humanistic, CBT and psychodynamic approaches. I offer a secure and safe place to engage in talking therapy and aim to give you the chance to explore any challenges you may be facing. Feelings of increased anxiety, stress, low mood, loss or problems in a relationship can surface at any given time of our lives. Sometimes just by talking through things and using self-reflection to make sense of everything can relax and ground us.
I offer both short and long term therapy options along with an initial 30 minute consultation. This will give both you and I the chance to see if we can work together before committing to therapy.
If you are interested in accessing therapy sessions, please email me or call me with your contact details and any questions you may have.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Foundation Degree Science Integrative Counselling with Distinction.
- CPCAB Counselling Studies Level 3
- CPCAB Level 2 Introduction to Counselling Skills
- Risk Training & Safeguarding whilst working at MIND
- Perinatal Training whilst working in IAPT service
- Primary Care Counsellor in GP Surgery offering Solution Focused Therapy for 3 years
- Bereavement Therapy at Ellenor Lions Hospice for 1 year
- Counsellor at Bromley Community Counselling Service for 4 years
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Initial Consultation: £15 for 30 minutes
Standard fee of £35 weekdays for 50 minutes
Evenings/Weekends: £40 for 50 minutes
Reduced fee for students
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please email or call to arrange an initial appointment.
Types of client