Rukhsana Khan MBACP
0161 6670937 / 07954 586575
Psychotherapy and counselling is a process of helping people when they become stressed, have emotional problems or feel stuck and may be repeating unhelpful behaviour.
My name is Rukhsana Khan and I am working as a Counsellor and Psychotherapist in St. John street, Manchester and in Bamford, Rochdale. I have a natural desire to understand my clients and their unique issues. I am a registered member of United Kingdom Association of Transactional Analysis (UKATA) and have full indemnity insurance with Psychologists Protection Society (PPS).
In addition I have experience working with children and young adults to help overcoming their issues such as anxiety, self harm, suicidal ideation, low mood, depression and low self esteem.
I have also offered therapeutic help to parents facing difficulties with their child's genetic behaviour such as ADHD and Autism.
My success is based on my passion, persistence and endurance in building my career as a counsellor, a psychotherapist and as a lecturer.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced clinical diploma in Transactional Analysis
- B.Sc (Hons) in Psychological Studies
- B.A in Psychology And Economics
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- 101 in Transactional Analysis
- Experience of working with Children and young Adults
- Experience of working with legal company to offer treatment for hyper anxiety and PTSD.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
My fee is £55 for a 60 minute session, however a concession rate can be offered upon request.
Student discount is also available.
I am also an experienced therapist with regards to working with children and young adults and have been working with the NHS at Child and Adolescent unit, where I observe and offer therapeutic work to Children and Adolescents under the supervision of the management of Rochdale Child and Adolescence Mental Health Services.
One of the highlights of my recent achievements have been given invitations to different countries such as Thailand and Pakistan to deliver plenary lectures on addiction using the model of Transactional analysis.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments are available. Weekend appointments can also be negotiated.
Types of client