Having worked for 30 years with families, couples and individuals I have valuable work and life experience to enhance opportunities within others.
Maybe you are looking for changes? Maybe struggling to see why your partner thinks the way they do, or sad the relationship has ended? Curious if you/they can change?
You can hear that others manage their life style but recognise that depression/anxiety looms within you?
Work a challenge, looking for more? Sad about the lack of intimacy?
Do you want more in your life… or maybe there are other questions?
I have a passion to see our lives bring about change, and find new ways of embracing life.
I work with couples and individuals, currently work for Relate alongside working privately. Working individually and with couples I also work with intimacy issues related to sexual issues. I work for Relate (10 years), Mind with IAPT clients (3 Years). I am trained in CBT, qualified & experienced in couple counselling, psychosexual therapy and work with individuals, families and young people.
Having been a CEO for over 15 years I am aware of the challenges of stress, and trained in management of conflict and stress advising. Also as a qualified Mediator (FMCA) I am mindful of the impact of relationship breakdown
I live approximately 3 minutes’ walk from Goodmayes Station, which is on the Stratford/Liverpool street line, one bus from Barking Station.
I am on the Accredited Register of the Professional Standards Authority, registered with COSRT an accredited member of ACC, and on the Relate Practitioners central register.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Couple Relate Counsellor (2008)
- Mindfulness and Mindfulness Train the Trainer (2008-2015)
- Psychosexual Therapy Level 6 (2014-16)
- Family therapy training (2010-13)
- Short term brief therapy (2003)
- Stress advisor ISMA (2011)
- Diploma in CBT (2014)
- Certificate in CBT (2013)
- BA (Hons) 2003
- Anna Freud training with teen parents (2008)
- CMI level 5 Diploma in Management (2005)
- Cert & Master practitioner NLP (2004)
- Sexual abuse training (1992)
- Child Counselling Certificate with Margot Sunderland (2012)
- Certificate in Counselling (2004),
- Initial training in Counselling (1986)
- Diploma in Counselling psychodynamic training (2009)
- Supervision Studies (2003)
- CBCAP level 6 Supervision 2017
As a qualified Relate counsellor I manage a case load, offering relationship and couple counselling. With Relate I have trained to Advanced diploma which extensive hours of of supervised work, with the emphasis of training including systemic and psychodynamic training. As a contrast to this training I have also trained as a Master Practitioner in Neuro Linguistic programming and trained to certificate level in Solution Focused Therapy and also in CBT.
I have worked in both the voluntary and statutory sector. I also am a supervisor and trainer for Youth and Community Students.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic violence
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Relationship issues
Photos & videos
Individuals are £40
Couples and families £50
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available for day time & evening appointments. No weekends
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
.View supervision profile