Rosie Burrows BACP Accredited, Ph'D
00447717103041 / 07717103041
The price of freedom is eternal mindfulness.
And, the greatest gift we can ever give to ourselves and close others, is to learn to free ourselves from anxiety, difficult or depressive thoughts and/or images, feelings and painful past experiences. This allows us to experience life with more sense of aliveness, choice, freedom, joy and connection.
My commitment is to help you connect more fully to yourself and getting to know yourself in a new way.
To experience meaningful connection between the different and often conflicting parts of ourselves, the parts we like and accept, as well as the parts we don't like and accept as individuals or as a couple. This allows us to become who we really are, and not who we often take ourselves to be.
To get started, email or call me to set up a first session.
- In the first session we explore what you want most from counselling if you imagine you get what you need, and, you will have the chance to experience how we can work together.
- If you're happy to continue, you and I will set up a second session, weekly or fortnightly for usually 6 sessions. If you want to continue after this, you can. It is up to you to decide.
I offer a range of services including:
- Counselling (short term)
- Psychotherapy (longer term)
- Couple work
- Relational Trauma Healing and Growth individual and group sessions
Training, qualifications & experience
My experience is based on 27 years of practice in Belfast, and, also, Dublin, Sri Lanka, the Netherlands, Denmark and South Africa.
My main qualifications are:
- Ph'D Holistic approaches to health and well being (1993) Queens University, Belfast
- Diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapy (1994) Gestalt Trust/Gestalt Centre, London
- Supervisory Skills (1996) Tony Morrison
- Part Masters in Gestalt Psychotherapy (2001) Gestalt Centre, London
- SE Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (2005) Foundation for Human Enrichment, USA/Netherlands
- Working with intimate systems, couples, families, teams (2010) Gestalt International Studies Centre, USA
- Healing Developmental Trauma, NARM Neuro Affective Relational Model (2016) with Dr Larry Netherlands
- Organisational Consultancy training with Dr Seán Gaffney 1996-2014. Member of INTAGIO. International Association of Gestalt in Organisations
- EAGT - European Association of Gestalt Therapists. Accredited member.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Personality problems/survival adaptations
Trauma and related medical conditions - e.g. fibromyalgia
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
Photos & videos
Agreed in relation to the service offered.
Usually £60 for individual therapy. £75 for couple therapy.
i. healing trauma/loss, to reduce and prevent unnecessary suffering and restore joy, well being, purpose and connection. This includes restoring connection to the body following trauma.
iii. supporting counsellors, psychotherapists and supervisors
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||French - basic|
Mainly Tuesday-Thursday in Belfast. Early morning, lunchtime, day time, and tuesday early evening appointments. Skype availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Specialist Integrative Supervision for working with all kinds of Trauma, Abuse, Addiction and Healing/Resilience/Integration.View supervision profile