07815 678 762
As an Arts Therapist, I am passionate about using the arts therapeutically to facilitate health and well-being. Words do not always capture our lived experience. I work with individuals and with groups.
I have worked as Dramatherapist for over fourteen years supporting people from diverse cultural backgrounds who are struggling with a range of personal or mental health issues, as well as people engaged in periods of change in their lives.
My training has given me a solid foundation in using creative approaches. Finding expression through art, drama, poetry or movement can help connect one’s mind, body and spirit. I work confidently with clients non-verbally, in an embodied and felt-sense as well as with words.
Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
EMDR therapy relieves the symptoms and emotional distress that can result from disturbing life experiences and past traumas. It is recommended for the treatment of PTSD by the National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) and the World Health Organisation (WHO).
I offer a safe and confidential space in which you can explore whatever is needed. Our work together may be focused and short term (eight weeks) or it may need a longer, on-going timescale. We will review our work regularly to see what has developed on the therapeutic journey.
My approach embraces wide-ranging theoretical models to accommodate your individual needs; we will work with whatever you bring. You do not need to have previous experience in drama or be an extrovert. You may explore:
- by making art
- telling or making stories
- through creative writing
- using masks or puppets
- choosing objects or props
- through movement or improvisation
- developing characters or archetypes
- or simply by talking
I will facilitate exercises in a structured and playful way. How we work together will evolve over time.
Creative Supervision and Training
I am a qualified Supervisor offering clinical supervision to counsellors, therapists, artists or body workers; individually, in peer groups or within teams. I offer a reflective space for the supervisee to explore their practice experientially using various art forms and in an embodied and felt sense.
I devise and facilitate bespoke experiential training and workshops for counsellors and therapists in using creative approaches safely in their work and for artists who use their art form with community groups.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am registered as a Dramatherapist with the Health and Care Professions Council and a full member of the British Association for Dramatherapy and abide by their ethical frameworks. I have an Advanced Diploma in Counselling Supervision (NCS Accredited). I am a trained EMDR Practitioner, a member of EMDR UK & Ireland and working towards accreditation.
I am committed to my professional development and have completed relevant training that enables me to work skilfully and sensitively with different people.
I am an intuitive and reflective Dramatherapist who has worked with diverse people including:
- children and young people with challenging behaviour, who are ‘looked after’, have complex attachments or who have been bereaved
- adults with mental ill health who have been diagnosed with: dual diagnosis, borderline personality disorder, psychosis, schizophrenia and eating disorders
- adults who have experienced complex trauma from domestic abuse and childhood sexual abuse
- children, young people and adults with learning difficulties, some with limited verbal communication
- older people with dementia
I have also worked in the following settings:
- the NHS public health sector - psychiatric hospitals, a medium secure unit and a community learning difficulty team
- the education sector - special schools, colleges, pupil referral units and youth projects
- the third sector - foster care agencies, arts projects within the community, care homes, therapeutic artists community and Women's Aid
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Photos & videos
Dramatherapy – sixty minute session £40
EMDR Therapy - ninety minute session £50
Creative Supervision – ninety minute session £45
Concessionary rates are available, please ask
Group Work Fees are by arrangement:
- Training, Workshops or Courses - experiential and interactive sessions tailored for your needs
- Dramatherapy Groups - for counsellors, arts therapists, clients etc
- Creative Supervision - for groups, teams etc
If you have any questions about Dramatherapy, concessionary rates or want to arrange an Initial Meeting please email, text or phone me.
I have a dedicated Yoga practice and teach regularly in the community. This sharpens my sensitivity to how we carry our stories in our bodies. Being fully present and mindful has deeply shaped the spiritual aspect of my dramatherapy practice, especially with people who have experienced trauma.
I have been a Playback theatre performer, facilitator and trainer for over twelve years. Playback is a form of improvised theatre that transforms personal stories by immediately ‘playing-back’ the audience’s stories using drama, music and poetry. My playback practice engages me in how personal stories tap into our collective unconscious and how ‘being witnessed and heard’ can bring about transformation within communities.
In Wales I am a co-founder and performer with The Golden Thread Playback Theatre company.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I currently work in Carmarthen and near Cardigan.
Types of client