Dr Roni Gavish
West Hill House
6 Swain's Lane
53 Davies Street
I am an experienced Chartered Clinical Psychologist, providing psychological support and psychotherapy in central London, with over 10 years of experience working in a range of private and public health care settings (including the NHS). My extensive clinical work has afforded me a wealth of practice in assessment and treatment of culturally diverse populations in all age groups, providing both short-term and longer-term therapy to patients in the USA and the UK.
I am experienced in working with various areas of mental health distress and life experiences including:
- Low mood, loss, bereavement and depression;
- Anxiety, stress and worry (incl. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder & trauma, Panic, Generalised Anxiety, OCD, Social Anxiety, Specific Phobias);
- Interpersonal, personality and relationship difficulties;
- Life stage challenges (incl. professional difficulties, parenthood, divorce/separation, adjustment);
- Physical Health, pain and Medically Unexplained Physical Conditions;
- Antenatal and Postnatal Depression;
- Fertility and Pregnancy Difficulties.
I work therapeutically with adults and also provide training and supervision to those within the field, on doctoral training courses and in related disciplines.
My therapeutic approach is primarily psychoanalytically informed and based on the understanding that difficult experiences in the past can continue to affect the way we feel and behave in the present. At times in life we feel at sea, disoriented and awash with complex feelings and experiences, which are often driven by unconscious patterns and deeply held beliefs and fears. I believe that therapy is a shared endeavour to uncover past and current difficulties, promote awareness and understanding, ease distress and recover a life of meaning in a way that feels true and authentic to oneself.
I also have training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and the Person-Centred model, and I draw on these when I feel they may be helpful to my clients.
While undertaking psychotherapy is a commitment, the length of time involved is individual; therefore, the work may be short or longer term according to your needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Doctor of Philosophy in Clinical Psychology, PhD, University of Palo Alto, California
- Post Graduate Diploma Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, University of Essex and The Tavistock and Portman NHS
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy Training, The Tavistock and Portman and The Anna Freud Centre
- Master of Science in Clinical Psychology (Hons.), MSc, University of Palo Alto, California
- BA (Hons.) College of Management, Tel-Aviv
Membership of professional bodies
- Registered Clinical Psychologist - Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Chartered Clinical Psychologist - British Psychological Society (BPS) and Member of Division of Clinical Psychology
As a member of the British Psychological Society, I abide by their Code of Ethics and Conduct (2009). I am also registered with the Health and Care Professions Council. These affiliations mean that I agree to uphold the highest standards of professionalism and ethical consideration in all aspects of my therapeutic work and decision-making and am regularly monitored to ensure I abide by the professional standards as outlined by the HCPC.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Private practice in Mayfair, central London. Sessions are 50 minutes long.
£85 per assessment or treatment session.
Limited concessionary rates are available for students and patients on a low income.
Please contact me on 02038806895 or using my contact form at the top of my profile. I will attempt to get back to you on the same day or within 24 hours.
New research continuously informs current psychotherapeutic thinking, I develop and update my work through ongoing reading, supervision, talks and conferences.
Languages: English and Hebrew.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client