Dr Romi Ran, Clinical Psychologist
I am a North-West London based Clinical Psychologist. I provide a range of psychological and wellbeing services to individuals, couples and families. This includes Psychological Assessments, Therapeutic Interventions and Wellness and Life Coaching.
I provide clients with a confidential, warm, empathic and non-judgemental space to talk about the difficulties they are experiencing and help overcome them.
My experience and training has enabled me to develop expertise in various treatment models. Sessions are conducted around the individual needs of my clients, so I never employ a 'one-size fits all' approach. I treat clients across the age span (children, adolescents, adults and older adults) experiencing a multitude of difficulties.
In recent years my clinical and academic work has focused on the field of Eating Disorders. I have extensive experience working with individuals suffering from Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, and Binge Eating Disorders. I am also experienced in working with individuals who may not have an “Eating Disorder”, but who suffer from disordered-eating symptoms, such as emotional overeating, yo-yo dieting, and negative relationship with food or body image.
I see clients in my practices in North-West London and Central London, easily accessible by public transport. In addition, I provide therapy by phone, Skype or FaceTime.
Scheduling an initial appointment
Please contact me for more information and to make an initial appointment.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy), The University of Oxford.
- Graduate course, School of Psychology, Harvard University (Boston, MA).
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology,(Bsc) The University of Birmingham.
- Certified Dialectical Behaviour Therapist (DBT) training
- Registered with Health and Care Professions Council, Clinical Psychologist
- British Psychological Society, Chartered Psychologist;
- Member of the Division of Clinical Psychology
- Member of the Faculty of Eating Disorders.
I have been working as a psychologist for over 10 years. During this time I have gained extensive experience in various healthcare settings. I have worked in Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS), Community Older Adult Mental Health Services (COAMHS), Primary Care Adult Services, Adult Learning Disability Services, Inpatient Psychiatric hospitals, Neuropsychology Outpatient and Community Services and Eating Disorder Services.
In more recent years I I have maintained a thriving, compassionate and confidential and private practice alongside my NHS roles. I am also the Clinical Director of Beyond Chocolate, the UKs leading 'alternative to diet' community.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Disordered eating, yo yo dieting and compulsive over eating
- Neuropsycholgical assessments
- Body image related difficulties
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
For information, please contact me.
Concessions available for eligible individuals.
Evening and Weekend appointments available
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am able to see clients in the daytime, evenings and weekends in North-West London and surrounding area. I am able to conduct remote session via phone, Skype, or Facetime.