Romana Hrivnakova SAC. Dip., SAC Cert., Integrative Counsellor
07 513 036 761
People come to counselling at different points in their lives to deal with their feelings and issues. What I enjoy most about being a counsellor is to accompany them on their journey of self–awareness. My aim is to help people explore issues and feelings that they may not have ever talked about before. And often it means exploring early experiences in life as they shape who we are and influence how we feel and behave as adults.
Counselling is a process involving the client and counsellor and can only work if they are able to create a strong therapeutic relationship. Therefore, it’s essential to find a counsellor that you feel comfortable with. I offer a free half hour introductory session to make the process of finding a counsellor as simple as possible for people. This session gives us an opportunity to get a sense of whether we will be able to work together.
I work using an integrative approach which means that I blend different approaches, such as CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy), Person Centred Approach, Gestalt Therapy, Art Therapy and Existentialism, to tailor therapy to clients’ individual needs and their differing personalities.
I am experienced in providing time limited therapy of 6 or 12 sessions; however, I have also worked with people for long–term therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am currently engaging in Bachelor Degree in Humanistic and Integrative Counselling
- CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- NOCN Level 3 Certificate in Tackling Substance Misuse
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Developmental Psychology
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- NCFE Level 4 Diploma in Drug, Solvent & Alcohol Abuse Counselling
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Level 2 Award in Introduction to Counselling Skills
- Level 2 and Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Adults) for England
- Master Degree in Teaching of General Educational Subjects
Alongside my private practice I am currently working with people who suffer from alcohol and drug addiction, as well as survivors of child abuse (sexual, physical, emotional and neglect).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
I offer a free 30 minutes no obligation consultation.
Individual sessions last 50 minutes and my fee is £35 per session.
A form of sliding scale exists for students and for individuals on a reduced income.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. You can also visit my website www.befreecounselling.com to find out more about me and the way I work.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Slovak, Czech|
day - time and evening appointments available
Types of client